Can't find the treatment you are looking for?
Don't worry if you can't find the treatment you need - we have a whole range of treatments available.
Call us and we'll help you find the best option for you.
Bupa On Demand benefits
If you’re looking for fast diagnosis and treatment, Bupa On Demand is a convenient option.
Most frequently asked questions
Do I need to have Bupa health insurance to have treatment with Bupa On Demand? Do I need to have Bupa health insurance to have treatment with Bupa On Demand?No. Anyone can use Bupa On Demand, whether you have private medical insurance or not. If you do have private health insurance we recommend you check if you are already covered before considering Bupa On Demand.
Bupa On Demand is available to everyone.
A referral isn’t required for caesarean section or vasectomy. All other treatments, however, will require a GP's written referral to be able to use Bupa On Demand.
I can’t get a referral letter from my GP. Can you arrange a GP appointment for me? I can’t get a referral letter from my GP. Can you arrange a GP appointment for me?Yes, you can pay for a 30 minute appointment with a private GP at several Bupa centres across the UK. Call us for more information and to discuss what costs are involved.
Can I choose which consultant I see and where I see them? Can I choose which consultant I see and where I see them?You can choose from over 10,000 Bupa recognised consultants with Bupa On Demand, depending on the speciality you require. If you wish to see a specific consultant please don’t hesitate to call us and ask.
If you opt for a Bupa On Demand self pay package, this includes:
- all costs billed by surgeons and anaesthetist.
- hospital fees including any stay in hospital.
- a follow up consultation with your chosen Bupa recognised consultant.
- re-admission within 30 days of the procedure, if required.
- access to the Bupa Anytime HealthLine - a 24/7 helpline manned by GPs and nurses that you can use for medical advice and information. This helpline is available to you from your initial consultation up until three months after your treatment.
- if appropriate you'll have access to Bupa Treatment Options service, a team that can guide you in making the right decision.
Unfortunately, cancer treatment is not currently offered through Bupa On Demand.
Absolutely. Often people who are on a long waiting list for diagnostic scans, (MRI, CT ultrasound scans) come to Bupa On Demand to have the scan and then take the results back to their NHS doctor.
You pay for treatment when you book your appointment, by credit or debit card.
Are there any hidden charges related to my treatment? Are there any hidden charges related to my treatment?Our consultants will fully discuss with you any extra costs involved for additional treatments or scans.