- Functional ovarian cysts. CancerHelp UK (Cancer Research UK). http://cancerhelp.cancerresearchuk.org, published April 2011
- Information for you after a laparoscopy. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. www.rcog.org.uk, published July 2010
- Ovarian cysts. eMedicine. www.emedicine.medscape.com, published April 2011
- Diagnostic laparoscopy: consent advice No.2. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. www.rcog.org.uk, published December 2008
- Medeiros LRF, Rosa DD, Bozzetti MC, et al. Laparoscopy versus laparotomy for benign ovarian tumour. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2009, Issue 2. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD004751.pub3
- Ovarian cysts in pregnancy. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. www.rcog.org.uk, published September 2011
- Guidelines for the diagnosis, treatment and use of laparoscopy for surgical problems during pregnancy. Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES). www.sages.org, published January 2011
- Ovary function and anatomy. Encyclopaedia Britannica Online. www.britannica.com, accessed 9 May 2012
- Grimes DA, Jones LB, Lopez LM, Schulz KF. Oral contraceptives for functional ovarian cysts. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2011, Issue 9. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD006134.pub4
- Personal communication, Mr Robin Crawford, Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist, Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital, 21 June 2012
For our main content on this topic, see Information.
For answers to frequently asked questions on this topic, see FAQs.