This App is provided to you by Bupa Insurance Services Limited (Registered in England, number 3829851) whose registered office is at 1 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ (referred to as "Bupa"). Bupa is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office, registration number Z5040072.
We provide the App to you by working alongside Babylon Healthcare Services Limited of 60, Sloane Avenue, London. SW3 3DD. (“Babylon”), our technology and clinical services provider. Babylon is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office registration number ZA085885. Babylon is regulated by the UK's Care Quality Commission as a provider of remote clinical services on our behalf, and is responsible for all clinical governance of the services provided via the App.
We collect your personal information when you provide it through the App. This information is encrypted and any personal information we store is held on secure servers in the UK.
Unless we are required to do so by law or by a regulatory body, we only disclose your personal information to a third party when we need to do so to provide a service that you have requested. For example, we will send your prescription information to a pharmacy if you ask us to. If you allow it, we will also give your GP reports of your consultations. We never disclose or sell your personal information to other organisations outside the Bupa group for marketing purposes.
If you have any questions about how we handle and use your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By agreeing to the Terms you are accepting and agreeing to the practices described in this policy.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us and we collect about you. You may give us your personal information by entering information through the App, allowing us access to your personal information held by third parties, filling in forms, or by phoning us, e-mailing or otherwise corresponding with us.
We may also receive your personal information as a result of any services you use or book through the App (including consultations, tests and prescriptions) and via any health or monitoring device or information feed you connect to the App. Personal information collected includes information contained in consultation recordings.
The personal information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph. It may also include sensitive information about you, including your health, medical records, physical and mental performance, any ailments, diseases or disabilities, your race, gender, age and other sensitive information.
Information automatically collected by our App. We may automatically collect the following information during each of your visits to our App where this is permitted by your device settings:
- (a) technical information, including the address used to connect your mobile phone or other device to the Internet, your login information, system and operating system type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, your location; and
- (b) information about your visit, including products and services you viewed or used; App response times, interaction information (such as button presses) and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive your personal information if you use any of the other services or products that we provide, or if you use any of our third party service providers to fulfill a request you have made via the App, such as: healthcare professionals (including nurses, GPs, specialists), healthcare and other product providers, dispensing chemists, and diagnostic test providers.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information to:
- (a) provide our services;
- (b) provide information to any member of the Bupa group and our suppliers and sub-contractors where reasonable or necessary to provide our services, including provision of your information to healthcare professionals (including nurses, GPs, specialists), healthcare and other product providers, dispensing chemists, diagnostic test providers, and suppliers or subcontractors used in relation to our App;
- (c) process your payment for such products and services;
- (d) review and enhance the quality of our services and products, including monitoring compliance with clinical care standards;
- (e) make disclosures as required by or in compliance with reasonable requests by regulatory bodies including the General Medical Council and Care Quality Commission, or as otherwise required by law or regulation;
- (f) where you request it or have otherwise agreed, provide to your insurance company/ies who may contribute to the cost of our services you request to use;
- (g) where you request it, provide to your other healthcare providers such as your NHS GP; and
- (h) assist in the detection of fraud.
We may use your personal information:
Information you give to us. We will use this information to:
- (a) to administer our App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- (b) to improve our App to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your mobile phone or other device;
- (c) to allow you to use the interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- (d) for research , subject to such data being anonymised;
- (e) as part of our efforts to keep our App safe and secure; and
- (f) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our App about Bupa services that may interest you or them.
Other uses of information we receive from other sources. We may combine your personal information with information you give us and information we collect about you. We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
By using the App or any of our services, you agree to us collecting and using technical information about the devices and related software, hardware and peripherals for services that are e-based or wireless to improve our products and to provide any services to you.
If you use our services, you agree to our transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of your location data and queries to provide and improve location-based products and services. You may withdraw this consent at any time by turning off the location services settings on your device.
We may disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bupa or Babylon or our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not store your personal health information on your mobile device. We store all your personal health information – including your primary care information, secondary care information, medication information and diagnostic information – on secure servers located in the UK. Where you have chosen a password that enables you to access certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
We do not store any credit or debit card information. Payments are processed via a third party payment provider that is fully compliant with Level 1 Payment Card Industry (PCI) information security standards. Any payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology.
Other data may be processed or stored via destinations outside the European Economic Area.
We would like to keep you informed of the Bupa group’s products and services that we think you may be interested in (by mail, email, phone or SMS). When we collect your information, we will ask you if you would like to be kept updated in this way. The Bupa group may use your personal information to:
- decide which services which we think are relevant to you;
- decide which media, including social media platforms, would best be used to reach the customers who wish to receive marketing materials;
- contact you with details of our products and services, including displaying interest-based adverts via social media;
If you do not wish to receive marketing information about our products and services, or at any time you change your mind about receiving these messages, please contact the Bupa UK Information Governance Team by email: email@example.com or by writing to us at: 4 Pine Trees, Chertsey Lane, Staines-upon-Thames, TW18 3DZ.
Babylon will not use your personal information for any marketing.
The App or our service can contain links to other independent third-party websites or apps (referred to as "Third-party Sites"). Third-party Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and do not endorse their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgment about using any Third-party Sites, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to see the personal information we hold about you. Any request for a copy of this information may be subject to a fee of £10.