Depression: construction’s hidden problem
The biggest health concern in the construction industry is also one of the least visible: depression. Although mental health may not be widely talked about in the industry, 42% of construction workers say they experienced mental health issues at their current place of work – more than double the national average.1 The impact of depression is particularly concerning for construction businesses with compact teams, where poor employee wellbeing can already have a detrimental effect on productivity.
Organisations on your side
The Health in Construction Leadership Group and Mates in Mind are two organisations working to improve the wellbeing of construction workers.
Bupa’s mental health benefits
Bupa takes workplace wellbeing seriously. That’s why we’ve put together a selection of tools to help your business tackle mental health challenges head-on.
From online tools to expert guidance and advice, we can help you take the first steps to addressing employee wellbeing in the construction industry. You can get a Bupa guide price in a matter of minutes, and give your team the tailored support and care they need.
Terms and conditions
1. This offer is available to UK registered corporate small or medium sized entities with between 2 and 249 (inclusive) employees (“SME”) who purchase a new Bupa Select Company PMI policy directly through Bupa. The offer only applies to new SME Clients, including those switching from an alternative company health insurance provider, and is not available for existing Bupa Clients or available on any other Bupa products or services.
2. The offer is not available to SME Clients purchasing a Bupa Select Company PMI policy via an intermediary.
3. This offer is only available for new and switching SME Clients for whom a quote is obtained between 1st August 2019 and 30th September 2019 inclusive for a Bupa Select Company PMI policy. Quotes are valid for 28 days and the policy must start between 1st August 2019 and 30th September 2019 inclusive. Bupa’s standard Terms of Business and Bupa Select Company PMI policy Terms & Conditions will apply.
4. The discount amount is based on 20% of the total annual subscription amount on a Bupa Select Company PMI policy net of Insurance Premium Tax. The discounted subscription amount will be stated in the quote provided and shall be used as the base price for renewals in subsequent years. Please note that when calculating renewal prices, Bupa also considers additional factors such as (but not limited to) claims history, age of members, the rising cost of healthcare and Insurance Premium Tax, which will be factored in to each year’s renewal subscription.
5. Bupa reserves the right to decline to offer a Bupa Select Company PMI policy in its absolute discretion, and Bupa’s decision regarding any aspect of this promotion is final.
6. Bupa reserves the right to cancel, suspend, amend or withdraw the promotion at any time without prior notice.
7. The offer is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, has no cash value/alternative and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
8. Bupa will use any personal information in accordance with its privacy notice which can be found at www.bupa.co.uk/privacy
9. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Bupa and its group companies shall not be liable to the SME Client or any of its employees/policy members for any claims, damages or any other losses whatsoever under or in connection with the operation of this promotion.
10. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.