Depression: construction’s hidden problem
The biggest health concern in the construction industry is also one of the least visible: depression. Although mental health may not be widely talked about in the industry, 42% of construction workers say they experienced mental health issues at their current place of work – more than double the national average.The impact of depression is particularly concerning for construction businesses with compact teams, where poor employee wellbeing can already have a detrimental effect on productivity.
Organisations on your side
The Health in Construction Leadership Group and Mates in Mind are two organisations working to improve the wellbeing of construction workers.
Bupa’s mental health benefits
Bupa takes workplace wellbeing seriously. That’s why we’ve put together a selection of tools to help your business tackle mental health challenges head-on.
From online tools to expert guidance and advice, we can help you take the first steps to addressing employee wellbeing in the construction industry.
You can get a Bupa guide price in a matter of minutes, and give your team the tailored support and care they need.
Offer Terms and Conditions
1. This offer is available to UK residents aged 18+ who purchase a new Bupa Select company health insurance policy directly through Bupa for their small or medium sized business (“SME”). The offer only applies to new SME customers, including those switching from an alternative company health insurance provider, and is not available for existing Bupa SME customers or available on any other Bupa products or services.
2. The offer is not available to customers purchasing a Bupa Select policy via an intermediary and is only available to customers purchasing a company health insurance policy to cover 2 to 249 employees or more.
3. This offer is only available for new or switching customers for whom a quote is provided between 07 January 2019 and 28 February 2019 inclusive (the “Quote”). Quotes are valid and able to be accepted for 28 days but the policy start date on your Quote must be between 07 January 2019 and 28 February 2019 inclusive. In addition to the terms set out herein, Bupa’s standard Bupa Select policy terms and conditions will apply in full.
4. The discount amount is based on 20% of the total annual subscription amount that would otherwise be payable by you for your SME Bupa Select policy. Your discounted subscription amount will be stated in your Quote and shall be your base price going forward for your SME Bupa Select policy. At renewal of your policy, this base price will be used when calculating your renewal premiums. We also consider additional factors such as (but not limited to) claims history, age of members, the rising cost of healthcare and IPT and these will be factored into each year’s renewal subscription.
5. Bupa reserves the right to decline to offer a company health insurance policy in its absolute discretion, and Bupa’s decision regarding any aspect of this promotion is final.
6. Bupa reserves the right to cancel, suspend, amend or withdraw the promotion at any time.
7. The offer is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, has no cash value/alternative and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts.
8. Bupa will use any personal information in accordance with its privacy notice which can be found at bupa.co.uk/privacy.
9. The promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales..