Mental health matters in retail
Mental health issues are a concern for any type of business. Worryingly, 58% of retail workers report suffering mental health problems caused by their work.1 As an owner of a small or medium retail business, this stat may be alarming. Not only because of the obvious impacts to your team as a result of absenteeism and lack of motivation, but also the welfare of your employees.As an employer, do you feel that the problem can be too large to grasp? You’re not alone. As few as 3% of senior decision makers in retail report feeling that they have the support required to help staff with mental health issues, and only 21% feel their staff are comfortable discussing this subject with them.2
The pressures of working in retail are plain to see. At 10 hours, the average working day for retail staff is two hours longer than the average day for staff in other sectors. Staff spend much of the day on their feet, and 35% often miss their lunch break.3 Despite the high level of physical strain, retail workers aren’t getting the exercise they need, being less likely to have been involved in a physical activity in the past seven days.3
With all this in mind, perhaps it makes sense that retail’s absence rate is one of the highest in the private sector, at 7.4 days per employee each year. When conditions are intense and stressful, mental and physical health can quickly decline.4
1 YouGov Report supported by Mental Health at Work (New statistics reveal a prevalence of poor mental health in the retail sector), December 2017 http://mhaw.uk.com/new-statistics-reveal-a-prevalence-of-poor-mental-health-in-the-retail-sector/
2 YouGov Study commission by Total Jobs (Mental health report: Employer), January 2017 https://www.totaljobs.com/insidejob/mental-health-report-employer/
3 CIPD Report, (Health and Well-Being at Work), May 2018 https://www.cipd.co.uk/Images/health-and-well-being-at-work_tcm18-40863.pdf
4 CIPD Report (Absence Management), October 2016
Support for you and your team
Bupa cover includes a wide range of features that can provide helpful assistance in an industry with an ongoing wellbeing problem.
Taking care of your team’s mental health and wellbeing can play an important part in how confident they feel in the workplace and their ability to cope with everyday work pressures. We’re here to support you and your team at every step. Start by getting a Bupa guide price – it only takes minutes.
Get a guide price
5 Please note: Existing in-patient, out-patient and day case benefit limits and exclusions for pre-existing conditions still apply to our cover for mental health conditions.
6 Calls may be recorded, and to maintain quality, a nursing manager may monitor some calls, always respecting the confidentiality of the call.
Terms and conditions
1. This offer is available to UK registered corporate small or medium sized entities with between 2 and 249 (inclusive) employees (“SME”) who purchase a new Bupa Select Company PMI policy directly through Bupa. The offer only applies to new SME Clients, including those switching from an alternative company health insurance provider, and is not available for existing Bupa Clients or available on any other Bupa products or services.
2. The offer is not available to SME Clients purchasing a Bupa Select Company PMI policy via an intermediary.
3. This offer is only available for new and switching SME Clients for whom a quote is obtained between 1st August 2019 and 30th September 2019 inclusive for a Bupa Select Company PMI policy. Quotes are valid for 28 days and the policy must start between 1st August 2019 and 30th September 2019 inclusive. Bupa’s standard Terms of Business and Bupa Select Company PMI policy Terms & Conditions will apply.
4. The discount amount is based on 20% of the total annual subscription amount on a Bupa Select Company PMI policy net of Insurance Premium Tax. The discounted subscription amount will be stated in the quote provided and shall be used as the base price for renewals in subsequent years. Please note that when calculating renewal prices, Bupa also considers additional factors such as (but not limited to) claims history, age of members, the rising cost of healthcare and Insurance Premium Tax, which will be factored in to each year’s renewal subscription.
5. Bupa reserves the right to decline to offer a Bupa Select Company PMI policy in its absolute discretion, and Bupa’s decision regarding any aspect of this promotion is final.
6. Bupa reserves the right to cancel, suspend, amend or withdraw the promotion at any time without prior notice.
7. The offer is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, has no cash value/alternative and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
8. Bupa will use any personal information in accordance with its privacy notice which can be found at www.bupa.co.uk/privacy
9. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Bupa and its group companies shall not be liable to the SME Client or any of its employees/policy members for any claims, damages or any other losses whatsoever under or in connection with the operation of this promotion.
10. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.