You might want to consider short stay care if:
- you’re planning a holiday
- you need additional support – perhaps after feeling unwell
- your loved one needs help to recover from an illness or operation
- you’re considering moving your loved one into a care permanently and they’d like a trial visit
- the person you’re caring for may feel lonely and could benefit from some time in a care home
When you’re caring for a friend or relative at home, it can be very hard work. You may have regular commitments outside the home or just need a break from time to time.
Some of our care homes offer a pop-in day care service, which gives carers access to support. It means that you can take a break with the reassurance that the person you care for will receive the best attention.
The pop-in day care service includes all the benefits of our facilities within a safe and secure environment.
We have a philosophy of inclusiveness, so our residents mix with our pop-in guests, giving opportunities to forge new friendships.
The pop-in service is available Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm, with weekend visits and extended stays available on special request.
A one off registration fee may apply for care planning, and care is charged by the hour, with tea and coffee included and meals charged separately.
Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer day care in all of our care homes, so you will need to check with your local home if this is a service they offer.