Visit one of our dental centres for a range of general dental and hygiene services. Our centres are open to all, regardless of whether you have health or dental insurance with us or not. Visit us for your general dental needs, one-off treatments such as teeth whitening or specialist gum disease treatment.
Dental examinations and routine check-ups
Following an initial consultation, your Bupa dentist will carry out a thorough dental examination to:
- determine whether there are any existing or potential problems with your teeth or gums
- examine the tissues supporting your teeth
- examine the appropriate lymph and salivary glands and your tongue, palate and the other soft tissues inside your mouth
- take X-rays if needed †
† X-rays may be charged for. Please speak to your dental centre for more information.
An intra-oral camera may also be used to help you see what your dentist sees during your dental examination, helping you increase your understanding of your oral health.
With more adult teeth being lost due to gum disease rather than tooth decay, regular dental hygiene treatment is essential to keeping your gums and teeth healthy.
Your hygienist or dentist (depending on who you are seeing for hygiene treatment) will:
- carry out an initial dental hygiene examination
- carry out a thorough scaling of your teeth to remove any plaque or tartar build-up in those areas brushing cannot reach
- perform a clean and polish to remove any superficial stains on your teeth
- offer tailored advice on how to maintain good dental health and demonstrate techniques you can use at home
We also offer same-day emergency dental appointments, so if you’re in pain or injured then contact us straight away.
Search our online directory of Bupa dental centres
You can find the nearest of our dental centres in your area, making it easier to choose the most convenient centre for your needs.
Dental finance options
People also viewed
^ We may record or monitor our calls.
Bupa Dental Services are provided by Bupa Dental Services Limited. Registered office: 1 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ. Registered number: 479557.
Bupa dental insurance and cash plan are provided by Bupa Insurance Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 3956433. Bupa Insurance limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Arranged and administered by Bupa Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales No. 3829851. Registered office: 1 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ.