- Livingston G, Leavey G, Manela M, et al. Making decisions for people with dementia who lack capacity: qualitative study of family carers in UK. BMJ 2010; 341:c4184. doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.c4184
- What can you expect from a good care home? Care Quality Commission. www.cqc.org.uk, last updated May 2017
- Darton R. Study of Care Home Residents’ and Relatives’ Expectations and Experiences. Registered Nursing Home Association, 2011. www.rnha.co.uk
- Choosing the right care home. Independent Age. www.independentage.org, accessed 18 August 2017
- Finding a care home. Alzheimer's Society. www.alzheimers.org.uk, last updated January 2014
- Care home checklist. Age UK. www.ageuk.org.uk, published April 2016
- Ratings. Care Quality Commission. www.cqc.org.uk, last updated June 2017
- Care homes. Age UK. www.ageuk.org.uk, published July 2015
- Preparing to move into a care home. Dementia UK. www.dementiauk.org, published October 2016
- Personal communication, Professor Graham Stokes, Bupa Global Director of Dementia Care, 22 August 2017
Reviewed by Graham Pembrey, Lead Health Editor, Bupa Health Content Team, September 2017
Expert reviewer Professor Graham Stokes, Bupa Global Director of Dementia Care
Next review due September 2020
Did our information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.