More information about dementia
- Dementia with Lewy bodies (Epidemiology). BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated September 2016
- Organic illness. Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry (3rd ed. online). Oxford Medicine Online. oxfordmedicine.com, published March 2013
- Lewy Body Dementia and Parkinson Disease Dementia. MSD Manuals. www.msdmanuals.com, last updated February 2016
- Mayo MC, Bordelon Y. Dementia with Lewy Bodies. Semin Neurol 2014; (34): 182–88
- Neurology. Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine (9th ed. online). Oxford Medicine Online. oxfordmedicine.com, published January 2014
- Dementia with Lewy Bodies. Patient Plus. patient.info/patientplus, last updated May 2014
- Dementia. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last updated August 2016
Image from Su B, Liu H, Wang X. Ectopic localization of FOXO3a protein in Lewy bodies in Lewy body dementia and Parkinson's disease. Mol Neurodegener. 2009 Jul 23;4:32. Reproduced under Creative Commons licence.
Produced by Nick Ridgman, Lead Health Editor, Bupa UK Health Content Team, December 2016
Reviewed by Professor Graham Stokes, Bupa Global Director of Dementia Care
Next review due December 2019
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback or would be interested in sharing your story about dementia, please email us.
About our health information
At Bupa we produce a wealth of free health information for you and your family. We believe that trustworthy information is essential in helping you make better decisions about your health and care. Here are just a few of the ways in which our core editorial principles have been recognised.