More information about dementia
- Frontotemporal dementia. Patient Plus. patient.info/patientplus, last updated September 2014
- Frontotemporal dementia. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated October 2015
- Organic illness. Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry (3rd ed. online). Oxford Medicine Online. oxfordmedicine.com, published March 2013
- Semantic. Oxford English Reference Dictionary. 2nd ed. Oxford University Press, 1996
- Overview of cerebral function. MSD Manuals. www.msdmanuals.com, last updated Sept 2015
- Alzheimer’s dementia. BMJ Best Practice bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated February 2016
- Sudarshan C, Upadhya SC, Hegde AN. Role of the ubiquitin proteasome system in Alzheimer's disease. BMC Biochem 2007; (8), suppl 1
Produced by Nick Ridgman, Lead Health Editor, Bupa UK Health Content Team, December 2016
Reviewed by Professor Graham Stokes, Bupa Global Director of Dementia Care
Next review due December 2019
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short form below will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.
About our health information
At Bupa we produce a wealth of free health information for you and your family. We believe that trustworthy information is essential in helping you make better decisions about your health and care. Here are just a few of the ways in which our core editorial principles have been recognised.