Think about the five ways to wellbeing
- Healthy workplaces: improving employee mental and physical health and wellbeing. NICE Quality standard [QS147], published March 2017
- Mental wellbeing at work. NICEPublic health guideline [PH22], published November 2009
- Management Standards for Tackling Work Related Stress. Health and Safety Executive. www.hse.gov.uk [accessed May 2017]
- Five ways to wellbeing: the evidence. New Economics Foundation, 2008
- Beauregard TA, Henry LC. Making the link between work-life balance practices and organizational performance. Human resource management review 2009; 19: 9–22
- Harvey SB, Modini M, Joyce S, et al. Can work make you mentally ill? A systematic meta-review of work-related risk factors for common mental health problems. Occup Environ Med 2017;74:301–310
Produced by Clare Foster, freelance health editor, and Nick Ridgman, Head of Health Content, Bupa UK, September 2017
Next review due September 2020
Bupa UK expert reviewers:
- Naomi Humber, Psychology Services Manager, EAP
- Stuart Haydock, Resilience Lead, Health Clinics
- Sarah Deedat, Head of Behaviour Change
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short form below will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.
About our health information
At Bupa we produce a wealth of free health information for you and your family. We believe that trustworthy information is essential in helping you make better decisions about your health and care. Here are just a few of the ways in which our core editorial principles have been recognised.