- Absence Management 2016 – annual survey report. CIPD and Simply Health. www.cipd.co.uk [accessed May 2017]
- Manager Support for return to work following long-term sickness absence- guidance, Competency Framework for Managers to Support Return to Work. CIPD, Goldsmiths University of London, Loughborough University, Affinity Health at Work. [accessed May 2017]
- Line Managers’ Resource: Managing and Supporting people with mental health problems in the workplace. Health and Safety Executive, October 2007. www.hse.gov.uk [accessed May 2017]
- Managing and supporting mental health at work: disclosure tools for managers. Mind, CIPD. December 2011. www.mind.org.uk [accessed May 2017]
- Getting the most out of the fit note: guidance for employers and line managers. Department for Work and Pensions, updated December 2016. www.gov.uk
Produced by Clare Foster, freelance health editor, and Nick Ridgman, Head of Health Content, Bupa UK, September 2017
Next review due September 2020
Bupa UK expert reviewers:
- Naomi Humber, Psychology Services Manager, EAP
- Stuart Haydock, Resilience Lead, Health Clinics
- Sarah Deedat, Head of Behaviour Change
Did our information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.