- DSM-5 personality disorder factsheet. American Psychiatric Association, 2013. www.dsm5.org,
- Personality disorders. BMJ Best Practice. http://bestpractice.bmj.com
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders: fifth edition DSM-5. American Psychiatric Association, (2013)
- Working with offenders with personality disorders - a practitioners guide. National Offender Management Service and NHS England, September 2015
- Borderline personality disorder: recognition and management. NICE clinical guidelines CG78, January 2009
Produced by Clare Foster, freelance health editor, and Nick Ridgman, Head of Health Content, Bupa UK, September 2017
Next review due September 2020
Bupa UK expert reviewers:
- Naomi Humber, Psychology Services Manager, EAP
- Stuart Haydock, Resilience Lead, Health Clinics
- Sarah Deedat, Head of Behaviour Change
Has our health information helped you?
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short survey will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.