There are three different ways you can have a hysterectomy
- Vaginal hysterectomy involves removing your womb through your vagina. You may also have your ovaries removed, depending on why you’re having a hysterectomy.
- Keyhole hysterectomy. This procedure is done through small cuts in your abdomen. This may be used to help with vaginal hysterectomy.
- Abdominal hysterectomy involves removing your womb through a cut in your abdomen.
Hysterectomy procedures with Bupa
- The procedure itself takes around an hour, and most people will remain in hospital for between one and four days during the initial recovery period.
- Most women take several weeks to fully recover, which is why we offer an aftercare package in order to put your mind at ease. This includes a follow-up appointment with your consultant and re-admission to hospital if required within 30 days of your initial procedure.
- In the unlikely event of any complications arising from your procedure, the cost of additional treatment required may also be covered subject to the terms and conditions of the package that you choose.