If a customer is suffering from cardiac symptoms, like chest pains, we understand that they will want to seek specialist support as soon as possible.
That’s why we’ve created our rapid cardiac assessment service allowing customers to receive a remote consultation with a Cardiologist from the comfort of their own home, in as little as 36 hours after calling to book an assessment. The service is subject to the terms and conditions of the customer’s cover.
Here’s how it works
1. Once a customer has a GP referral (this could be from their usual GP or our virtual GP service) they should contact our Cardiac Support Team who will be able to guide them to the rapid assessment service.
2. All it takes now is one call to one of our specialist triage team, who will ask a series of questions about their cardiac concerns, to help determine the right course of action. If it’s needed, they will book your video consultation with a cardiac specialist.
3. A video consultation will be arranged within 36 hours of the triage appointment and the specialist will be able to rule out any serious cardiac conditions if there’s nothing to worry about.
4. If they need further tests to support the diagnosis, they can offer to send you tests that can be done from the comfort of the customer’s home within 72 hours.
5. After a follow up video consultation to discuss test results, the customer will be discharged if there is no need for further treatment.
With remote access to health services more important than ever, we’re pleased that we can now offer Bupa customers a new remote cardiology service that allows them to speak to a specialist about worrying heart symptoms within 36 hours from the comfort of their home.
Cardiac symptoms should not be ignored as they may put customers at risk and using our remote cardiac pathway allows them to get fast access to specialist diagnosis and minimize the risk of Covid-19 exposure.
If you have any questions about this service or any other remote health services offered by Bupa, please contact your Bupa account manager.