Notes to editor
The research surveyed 4,062 people over the age of 16 and was commissioned by Bupa Health Clinics and carried out by Censuswide in June 2017.
The top 10 everyday moments Britons would miss if they could no longer do them
- Socialising (56%)
- Showering & bathing comfortably (55%)
- Driving (43%)
- Eating & drinking in a restaurant (34%)
- Sport & exercise (27%)
- Playing with kids (26%)
- Cooking (23%)
- Entertaining friends and family (22%)
- Working (16%)
- Food shopping (15%)
The top 10 experiences that have made Britons reassess and appreciate their life more are
- A health issue (from small injury such as twisted ankle to more serious illness) (44%)
- A bereavement (42%)
- Having a child (30%)
- Something that happened in the news (23%)
- Getting married (22%)
- Travelling (19%)
- Moving to a new house (18%)
- Becoming a grandparent (16%)
- A relationship ending (14%)
- A career change (13%)
About Bupa Clinics
- With more than 50 Bupa health centres across the UK, we offer a range of trusted health services close to where people live and work.
- Bupa clinics are open to everyone, whether you have Bupa insurance or not.
- Our health and dental clinics offer a range of everyday health services from GP and physiotherapy appointments and health assessments to general, cosmetic and specialist dentistry.
- Bupa’s range of health assessments give people a snapshot of their health and help them make informed
- Our health assessments are designed to make sure people engage with their health before the assessment, and have continued support to meet their goals afterwards.
- Your Health Assessor will also help you set relevant goals, give you access to the Bupa Boost app to keep you on track and your advisor will call you in the months following to coach and help you. You'll also have 24/7 access to a GP for a whole year for yourself and family who live with you.
- Bupa clinics are on the high street across the country and offer: health assessments, health services like GP appointments, dental appointments including orthodontics and cosmetic dentistry, dermatology, physiotherapy, osteopathy and podiatry.
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
At Bupa, we have no shareholders. Our priority is looking after you... through our care homes, health insurance, health centres and dental centres. Bupa. Our focus is your health.
We have 15.7 million health insurance customers, provide healthcare to around 14.5 million people in our clinics and hospitals, and look after over 23,000 aged care residents.
We directly employ around 80,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Chile, New Zealand, Hong Kong, the USA, Brazil, the Middle East and Ireland, and many more through our associate businesses in Saudi Arabia and India.
Health insurance is around 73% of our business. In a number of countries, we also run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, and care homes and villages.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com
Contact Bupa Press Office
If you're a journalist and would like to find out more about any of our activity, or request a comment from one of our spokespeople, please contact the Bupa Press Office via one of the below