Notes to editor
Bupa research carried out with OnePoll surveying 1,000 people (July 2015) about perceptions of dental health
*Findings taken from the British Dental Health Foundation’s 2015 National Smile Month campaign
** Findings taken from the Royal College of Surgeons’ report, published this year (2015)
About Bupa dental centres:
- Bupa has a network of 40 dental centres across the UK provide affordable, high-quality dentistry in convenient locations close to where people work.
- Bupa Dental Centres are open to all and provide a wide variety of dental care from routine examinations to specialist treatments such as oral surgery as well as cosmetic dental treatments.
- Bupa Dental Centres are led by experienced clinicians, working to the highest clinical standards and using the latest technology.
- Exclusive to Bupa Dental Centres, patients can now receive full cover on all routine dental care, with no claim shortfalls or forms to fill in, using the Bupa Dental Health Plan.
- Bupa also insures or funds over 130,000 dental customers through dental insurance and cash plans.
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We have 15.5 million health insurance customers, provide healthcare to around 14.5 million people in our clinics and hospitals, and look after over 23,300 aged care residents.
We employ over 78,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Chile, New Zealand, Hong Kong, the USA, Brazil, the Middle East and Ireland, and many more through our associate businesses in Saudi Arabia and India.
Health insurance is around 70% of our business. In a number of countries, we also run clinics, dental centres, hospitals and care homes and villages.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com
Contact Bupa Press Office
If you're a journalist and would like to find out more about any of our activity, or request a comment from one of our spokespeople, please contact the Bupa Press Office via one of the below