To help you eat well in the heat, our expert dietitians have created a summer diet plan.
You can read the full summer diet plan here. But in the meantime, here are just a couple of the great ideas they’ve come up with ...
Recipe: Beetroot and bean burger
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 small beetroot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 tsp of korma curry paste
- 750g of four bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup of loosely packed, fresh coriander leaves
- 2 wholegrain rolls, split down the middle and toasted
- 1 handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 20g (1/4 cup) of quinoa flakes, plus 2 extra tbsp for the coating
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil to a non-stick frying pan and warm to a medium heat. Add the onions and cook, while stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the carrot and beetroot and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the curry paste and cook, while stirring, for 1 minute. Then set the mix aside to cool.
- Mix the beans and coriander in a food processor until they’re coarsely chopped. Place the onion mixture and beans into a bowl. Use your hands to mix the two together until they’ve combined.
- Shape the mix into four flat patties. Place the remaining quinoa on a plate. Gently press your patties into the quinoa until they’re lightly coated.
- Heat your remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add your patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until they’re golden. Then take them out of the pan and place them on a paper towel to drain.
- Open your roll and add some spinach, the patties, and cucumber. Finally, add the roll tops to make a sandwich.
Discover more great recipes in the summer diet plan.
Idea: Summer food swaps
Find more great ideas and advice in the summer diet plan.
Do you know how healthy you truly are? Bupa health assessments give you a clear overview of your health. You’ll receive a personalised lifestyle action plan with health goals to reach for a healthier, happier you.