couple relax on bed

How to claim

How do I make a claim?

First check your policy wording to make sure you meet the claims conditions. You’ll then need to complete and submit a claims form, along with all the necessary information or documents requested.

If you’re unsure what your policy type is or you’re unsure which of the below claim forms to request, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to help you.

Once you’ve received and completed the relevant claim form(s), return it along with the required documentation as soon as you can.

Here’s a selection of questions and answers that we’ve already helped our customers with.

Please ensure that you submit your original claim form(s) and supporting documentation within 28 days of returning home to your country of residence or as soon as possible thereafter.

Please check the section you’re claiming under on your policy or your claim form(s) to make sure that any necessary supporting evidence is supplied. This would include receipts, theft/loss reports, medical reports in relation to medical claims and evidence of your trip starting and ending in your country of residence such as a booking invoice, travel ticket or travel itinerary. If you’re unsure please contact us on 0800 00 10 22^ or check the details listed on the relevant claim form.

We can’t accept photocopies of documents. We’d recommend keeping copies of all your documents when submitting your claim.

Please contact us on 0800 001 022^ or e-mail us at and we’ll arrange for a claim form to be sent to you by post.

Please call our emergency helpline on +44(0) 1273736520^ or email

In the event of an emergency, you must contact Bupa Travel Assistance as soon as possible, to get authorisation before being admitted into hospital as an in-patient or incurring any expenses over £500. Until you have contacted Bupa Travel Assistance, we cannot accept responsibility for any expenses.

When you contact Bupa Travel Assistance, you’ll be asked to give your name, policy number and as much information as possible about your emergency. We’ll ask for a telephone or email where we can contact you.

Costs under £500 resulting in a claim should be paid by you and reclaimed from Bupa Travel upon returning home.

If you suffer an illness or injury and wish to cut short your trip on medical grounds, you must contact Bupa Travel Assistance on the numbers above for authorisation. If you don’t receive authorisation, your claim may be rejected.

Please check the section you are claiming under on your policy to see if an excess applies.

Please complete the payment method section of the claim form where you can choose to receive payment by cheque or BACS (UK accounts only).

This depends on what type of claims you want to submit. Please refer to the claims forms and complete one for each relevant section of the policy that you are claiming under.

The starting point for those affected is to visit . For those overseas, the number to call is +44 1753 330 330 for the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). The UK Freephone number is 0300 303 2800.

The CAA will organise flights home for everyone who had a flight booked with Thomas Cook: those on ATOL protected package holidays and flight only deals.

It’s unlikely you will be able to go on your holiday, but you will get your money back.

The CAA will set out how to make a claim for a refund – go to

It’s unlikely you will be able to go on your holiday.

If you have booked a flight on your credit card you should be covered by “section 75” cover under the Consumer Credit Act. To be eligible, you need to have paid more than £100 for your flight, and used your credit card to book direct, although some card companies extend the cover to bookings via agents.

The Bupa Travel policy doesn’t provide cover for failure of the airline or holiday provider. Please see details of this in your policy wording.

^Sales lines are open 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. Service lines are open 8.30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, Saturday 9am to 1pm. We're closed on bank holidays. We may record or monitor our calls.

Please note we can only sell you a policy up to three months in advance of your trip.

Bupa Travel Insurance is provided by Bupa Insurance Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 3956433. Bupa Insurance Services Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 3829851. Bupa Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Bupa Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office: 1 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ.

What's next?