Designed to help you claim back some of you or your family’s everyday healthcare costs.
Health cash plans are designed to help you cover the costs of some routine healthcare expenses and offer cash back towards a variety of health and wellbeing benefits, including dental and optical fees.
A health cash plan can provide you with a range of benefits that differ from more comprehensive health insurance policies. Health insurance looks to cover costs including surgical and non-surgical procedures when you need them. A health cash plan offers cash back towards a range of health costs that you may pay for as a part of maintaining the routine health of you or your family. With a lower level of cover than health insurance, a health cash plan could be a more affordable option for you to cover some of these costs.
Cash plan benefits
Most frequently asked questions
What's the difference between a health cash plan and health insurance? What's the difference between a health cash plan and health insurance?
Please see below some of the differences between health cash plans and health insurance.
Health cash plans
- Health cash plans provide cash payments to help with some everyday healthcare costs†.
- You pay for eligible treatment/expenses and then claim back some or all of the costs in the form of cash refunds†.
- You will not need to be referred by a GP to claim for treatments on a Bupa health cash plan
- Health cash plan benefits range from dental, optical and prescription costs right through to chiropody, depending upon the cash plan chosen.
- Pre-existing conditions are covered for most benefits‡
- Health insurance may be more extensive and covers the cost† of eligible private surgical treatments and hospital stays.
- Treatment costs are usually paid directly to the consultant/hospital by Bupa with no cash back claim needed†.
- Pre-authorisation from Bupa may be required before treatment.
- Health insurance provides cover for private hospital-related costs, such as eligible consultations, treatment, hospital stays and outpatient treatment†.
- Health insurance may not cover pre-existing conditions, dependent upon the underwriting terms of the policy.
†Subject to the terms of your scheme and the benefit limits within it.
‡Excluding Bupa Patient Cash.
I already have Bupa health insurance. Is it worth me having a Bupa health cash plan as well? I already have Bupa health insurance. Is it worth me having a Bupa health cash plan as well?
Our range of Bupa health cash plans can act as stand alone routine health expense cover or can supplement health insurance by providing cash back towards a variety of everyday health care costs that might not be covered under traditional health insurance schemes. You will not be able to use a cash plan for eligible treatments you have already claimed for on your health insurance.
Bupa health cash plans provide cash payments to help with everyday healthcare costs such as dental and optical fees, and many more.
No you will not require a medical to take out a health cash plan.
Do I have to sign up for a minimum length of time? Do I have to sign up for a minimum length of time?
No. You can cancel your membership for any reason within 21 days of receiving your membership letter, and as long as you haven’t made a claim we’ll refund any unused subscription for that year.
You can end your membership or the membership of any of your dependants at any time by providing us with 30 days’ prior written notice to: Member Services Manager, Bupa Cash Plan, 1st Floor, Tower Court, Courtaulds Way, Coventry, CV6 5NX.
If you don’t have a claim form, please call us on 0345 606 6003^. To help reduce the time it takes to reimburse you, send us your fully completed claims form and original receipt(s) as soon as possible following treatment.
Yes. As soon as you become a Bupa Cash Plan member you can start claiming immediately for all benefits excluding Maternity and Adoption claims – which retain a 52 week qualifying period. You can also make use of the Bupa HealthLine and helplines straight away.
Can I claim for all benefits straight away if I transfer from my current provider? Can I claim for all benefits straight away if I transfer from my current provider?
There is no waiting period for any Bupa health cash plan scheme if you’re transferring from another health cash plan and have completed any qualifying period with that provider. You’ll just need to provide proof of your membership under your previous provider.
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm. Calls from landlines to 0800 and 0808 numbers are free, however, mobile phone providers may charge.
^Calls may be recorded and may be monitored.
Bupa health insurance and cash plan are provided by Bupa Insurance Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 3956433. Bupa Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Arranged and administered by Bupa Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales No. 3829851. Registered office: Bupa House, 15-19 Bloomsbury Way, London WC1A 2BA.