End User Licence Agreement
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE BUPA TOUCH WEBSITE
These terms and conditions govern your use of the Bupa Touch website (the “Portal”). You are required to accept these terms and conditions as part of the process for signing into the Portal.
The Portal is only available to Bupa UK customers. If you are not a customer, you will not be able to sign into the Portal and access the features.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
You should read all of these terms and conditions carefully. They set out, amongst other things, what you may and may not do with the portal, the extent of Bupa’s liability to you in using the Portal, how the services provided under the Portal are regulated, and what you should do if you have a question or complaint about the Portal. It is important that you understand these things before you begin using the Portal.
Some important things to bear in mind when using the Portal are:
- Other than voice or text consultations (“virtual consultations”), nothing in the Portal should be treated as a medical diagnosis, treatment or advice.
- You should not disregard the advice of healthcare professionals you have seen in person in favour of the information contained in the Portal. In particular, you should never stop taking any medications prescribed to you by a doctor based solely on the information contained in the Portal.
- The services provided through this Portal (the “Services”) are not intended for use in an emergency. In those circumstances you should not use the Services under this Portal but instead seek advice from a medical professional in person or contact the emergency services.
- Virtual consultations may not be appropriate for all medical conditions. If you have any concerns about describing your medical needs through our Services or are unsure of advice received through using these Services you should seek advice from a medical professional in person.
- You must only use the virtual consultation features of the Portal whilst within the UK.
- You must not let anyone other than the policyholder who has signed into the Portal use the website.
- You must not provide anyone else’s personal information through the Portal.
- Our use of the data that you input into the Portal, and any information recorded as part of consultation notes for virtual consultations, is set out in our privacy notice here and in notices that you will be shown when using the website, where appropriate.
The Portal is provided by Bupa Insurance Services Limited (Registered in England with company number 3829851) whose registered office is at 1 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ, UK (referred to as "Bupa", or “we”, “us” or “our”). You can contact us by telephone, by email or by writing to us.
From time to time we may update these terms and conditions. Where we do you will receive notice of that update within the Portal, and will need to agree to the new terms and conditions to continue using the Portal.
Where you are using the Portal because you have purchased a package of services, such as an insurance policy from us, the terms and conditions of those other services, including the terms of any insurance policy, apply to your use of the Portal.
Where you are using the Portal because your employer (or another third party) has arranged for us to provide services to you, the terms and conditions notified to you by your employer (or the other third party) in respect of those services, apply to your use of the Portal.
In the event of any conflict between any such other terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, the other terms and conditions will apply.
Your use of the Portal, and acceptance of these terms and conditions, does not impact your other terms and conditions with us, or any healthcare plan, in any way. Our providing this Portal to you is in addition to the other services we provide to you and is intended to supplement, not replace, those services. We provide this Portal for at no additional cost and may withdraw this Portal at any time and for any reason. Please refer to your membership guide for full details.
We own copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in relation to the Portal and the materials and content provided through, or in relation to, the Portal.
We grant you license to use the Portal, including any materials or content you receive through, or in relation to, the Portal, only in accordance with these terms and conditions.
You may not:
- rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the Portal (or any content or materials you receive through, or in relation to, the Portal) in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us. This includes allowing others to use the Portal as though they were you;
- make copies of this Portal, (or any content or materials you receive through, or in relation to, the Portal) except as part of the normal use of the Portal, or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security; or
- translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the Portal (or any content or materials you receive through, or in relation to, the Portal), nor permit the Portal (or any content or materials you receive through, or in relation to, the Portal), or any part of them, to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary for the normal use of the Portal;
- disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Portal nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited by these terms and conditions, because they are necessary to decompile the Portal to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with the Portal or with another program.
- NOT FOR USE IN AN EMERGENCY: The services provided through this Portal (the “Services”) are not intended for use in an emergency. In those circumstances you should not use the Services under this Portal but instead seek advice from a medical professional in person or contact the emergency services.
- VIRTUAL CONSULTATIONS: Virtual consultations may not be appropriate for all medical conditions. If you have any concerns about describing your medical needs through our Services or are unsure of advice received through using these Services you should seek advice from a medical professional in person.
- OTHER SERVICES: The rest of the services provided through the Portal, which do not involve having a live consultation, are provided for information purposes only. Nothing in these services should be treated as a diagnosis, treatment or medical advice, and you should never take, or stop taking, any action (including taking medicines), or disregard any advice you have received from a healthcare professional that you have seen in person based on the information in our Portal.
We shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage you might incur in using this Portal, or the Services, provided through it, where that use is contrary to these terms and conditions. This includes, amongst other things, any loss that arises as a result of your failure to follow Section 8 below, and any loss that arises due to you permitting others to access the Portal through your user account.
This Portal is for personal, private use only. We will not be responsible for any economic loss you, or any business you own or carry on, might incur as a result of using this Portal or the Services.
Nothing in these terms and conditions limits our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or that of our healthcare professionals or employees, for defective products where we are legally responsible for their supply, and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We cannot guarantee that the Portal, or any of the Services offered through it, will always be available to you. We may suspend or withdraw the Portal, or any of the Services, either temporarily or permanently, for any reason. This being the case, you should not rely on the Portal, and if you anticipate needing the Portal or the Services you should make alternative arrangements in case the Portal or the Service is not available.
Where we offer you services relating to our insurance business, these are regulated by the FCA and the PRA.
All nurses who provide you services through the Portal are regulated by the Care Quality Commission and the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Where we provide services to you through the Portal, or healthcare professionals provide consultations to you, the information that you have provided through the Portal will be relied upon. If what you provide is inaccurate, or has missed out important information, you may get the wrong information or advice.
All information you provide should be in English.
We use your information to provide the Services through the Portal, in accordance with our privacy notice, which can be found here.
Where we use your data to provide tailored content to you, or to improve our services, we will only do so with your consent, which you will be asked for when you first sign in to the Portal and which you can change at any time through the Portal’s settings.
Although the Portal does allow you to use biometric information to sign in to your account, we do not receive or store any of your biometric information. This is all processed by your phone’s operating system.
The Portal will only function if your device is connected to the internet.
The Bupa Touch website requires the following browser versions:
- Chrome v.70 and above
- Firefox v.64 and above
- Safari v.11 and above
- IE v.11 and above
You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations when you use the Portal and Services.
You must use the Portal and Services responsibly, and in a manner that is not: threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, deceptive, harmful to minors, gratuitously violent, obscene, pornographic, indecent, invasive of another's privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive.
You must not use the Portal and Services in any way which infringes another person’s rights (including without limitation intellectual property rights).
You must not intentionally mislead any healthcare professional who provides you services through the Portal.
You may not permit any other person to use this Portal, and you may not procure medical advice on any other person’s behalf except for any child under the age of 16 who is covered by your Bupa policy, in which case these terms and conditions will apply to that advice.