Business mental health advantage
To find out more about mental health in the workplace give us a call on 0345 266 8974^
We’re changing the way we think about mental health
Mental health continues to be a key priority for business, but employees still face many challenges in accessing treatments. That’s why our business health insurance covers more mental health conditions than any other leading UK insurer†††† and we’ve taken steps to remove most exclusions for small business and corporate customers†. To find out more give us a call on 0808 159 8772^
How can Mental Health Advantage help?
More ways we’re improving our cover
Health tools and information
We have a wealth of online tools, quizzes, calculators and mobile apps and health content to help your employees look after their health and wellbeing.
We provide more than just health cover††
Our complementary, chargeable services including Employee Assistance Programmes , resilience and stress management solutions are available options to help support your employees’ mental wellbeing – whatever they’re facing.
Family Mental HealthLine
You don’t expect your people to leave their personal life at the door. If there’s something not quite right at home, it’s likely to have a knock-on effect at work, which is why a third of employees say they worry about their children’s mental wellbeing while working.
We can help you support your people as parents and carers. When they call the helpline, they’ll talk to a trained adviser and mental health nurse‡‡‡ who will listen, provide advice, guidance and support, whether or not the child is covered on their policy. Helping to put everyone’s minds at ease.Read more
Bupa Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs) are confidential mental health and wellbeing support services that contribute to your organisation’s wellbeing strategy and help satisfy your duty of care as an employer by offering expert support to help individuals take control of their situation. Your employees can call in confidence, any time of the day or night, to talk over their concerns with a counsellor. If appropriate, they will be put through to a specialist with the right expertise for their needs. In addition we offer a range of digital tools to support your employees’ wellbeing.
We also make it easy to access Bupa Insurance mental health benefits through a seamless referral process††† following a comprehensive telephone assessment.Read more
Resilience and stress management solutions
We can provide on-site training for line managers and other employees to help them build resilience and manage stress to prevent mental health issues occurring.
We also offer a pro-active digital solution 'Emotional Wellbeing Online' for the whole of workforce which helps employees feel in control.Read more
Mind provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
Learn more about What works wellbeing, an independent collaborative centre that puts high quality evidence on wellbeing into the hands of decision-makers in government, communities, businesses and other organisations.
Learn more about Business in the Community, a business-led membership organisation made up of progressive businesses of all sizes who understand that the prosperity of business and society are mutually dependent.
Read more about CMHA, a coalition of organisations that have come together to create an environment in the City where mental health is discussed in the same way as physical health.
†Terms and conditions
- In these terms and conditions, references to “Bupa” are to Bupa Insurance Limited, which may act through its agent Bupa Insurance Services Limited.
- Eligible clients will receive 2-years fixed rate at no additional cost (the “Offer”) when purchasing a new Bupa Select Company PMI Policy (the “Select Policy”) subject to these terms and conditions. The Offer cannot be used against any other Bupa product or service.
- The Offer is available to UK registered small or medium sized corporate entities (including, for example, companies, partnerships and associations) covering between 2 and 249 employees (“SMEs”) who purchase a new Select Policy directly from Bupa.
- The Offer is available to new SME clients and is not available for the following:
- a. SME clients who are switching from an alternative company health insurance provider; or
- b. SME clients who purchase their Select Policy through an intermediary; or
- c. existing Bupa clients who hold a policy for any Bupa product or service.
- a. SME clients who are covering more than 25 members on their Select Policy; or
- b. SME clients who are switching from an alternative company health insurance provider; or
- c. SME clients who purchase their Select Policy through an intermediary; or
- d. existing Bupa clients who hold a policy for any Bupa product or service.