Business mental health advantage
To find out more about mental health in the workplace give us a call on 0345 266 8974^
We’re changing the way we think about mental health
Mental health continues to be a key priority for business, but employees still face many challenges in accessing treatments. That’s why our business health insurance covers more mental health conditions than any other leading UK insurer††† and we’ve taken steps to remove most exclusions for small business and corporate customers†. To find out more give us a call on 0808 159 8772^
How can Mental Health Advantage help?
More ways we’re improving our cover
Health tools and information
We have a wealth of online tools, quizzes, calculators and mobile apps and health content to help your employees look after their health and wellbeing.
We provide more than just health cover††
Our complementary, chargeable services including Employee Assistance Programmes , resilience and stress management solutions are available options to help support your employees’ mental wellbeing – whatever they’re facing.
Family Mental HealthLine
You don’t expect your people to leave their personal life at the door. If there’s something not quite right at home, it’s likely to have a knock-on effect at work, which is why a third of employees say they worry about their children’s mental wellbeing while working.
We can help you support your people as parents and carers. When they call the helpline, they’ll talk to a trained adviser and mental health nurse‡‡‡ who will listen, provide advice, guidance and support, whether or not the child is covered on their policy. Helping to put everyone’s minds at ease.Read more
Bupa Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs) are confidential mental health and wellbeing support services that contribute to your organisation’s wellbeing strategy and help satisfy your duty of care as an employer by offering expert support to help individuals take control of their situation. Your employees can call in confidence, any time of the day or night, to talk over their concerns with a counsellor. If appropriate, they will be put through to a specialist with the right expertise for their needs. In addition we offer a range of digital tools to support your employees’ wellbeing.
We also make it easy to access Bupa Insurance mental health benefits through a seamless referral process††† following a comprehensive telephone assessment.Read more
Resilience and stress management solutions
We can provide on-site training for line managers and other employees to help them build resilience and manage stress to prevent mental health issues occurring.
We also offer a pro-active digital solution 'Emotional Wellbeing Online' for the whole of workforce which helps employees feel in control.Read more
Mind provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
Learn more about What works wellbeing, an independent collaborative centre that puts high quality evidence on wellbeing into the hands of decision-makers in government, communities, businesses and other organisations.
Learn more about Business in the Community, a business-led membership organisation made up of progressive businesses of all sizes who understand that the prosperity of business and society are mutually dependent.
Read more about CMHA, a coalition of organisations that have come together to create an environment in the City where mental health is discussed in the same way as physical health.
†Terms and conditions
- In these terms and conditions, references to “Bupa” are to Bupa Insurance Limited, which may act through its agent Bupa Insurance Services Limited.
- Eligible clients will receive 2-years fixed price at no additional cost (the “Offer”) when purchasing a new Bupa Select Company PMI Policy (the “Select Policy”) subject to these terms and conditions. The Offer cannot be used against any other Bupa product or service.
- The Offer is available to UK registered small or medium sized corporate entities (including, for example, companies, partnerships and associations) covering between 2 and 249 employees (“SMEs”) who purchase a new Select Policy directly from Bupa.
- The Offer is available to new SME clients and is not available for the following:
a. SME clients who are switching from an alternative company health insurance provider; or
b. SME clients who purchase their Select Policy through an intermediary; or
c. existing Bupa clients who hold a policy for any Bupa product or service.
- Quotes are valid for 28 days and Bupa’s standard Terms of Business and Bupa Select Policy Terms & Conditions will apply.
- The fixed price option guarantees the price of the Select Policy for 2 years (the “Fixed Period”). However, this is not protected from any increases in Insurance Premium Tax (“IPT”) at the first renewal. Changes to the Select Policy made during the Fixed Period may also affect the price at the first renewal, although the rate per member will remain fixed. Examples of changes to the Select Policy include (but are not limited to): adding or removing members and dependents from the Select Policy, babies covered on a complimentary basis becoming paid-for child dependents at the first renewal, and child-dependents reaching the age of 24 during the first year of cover who would then be required to pay the adult rate in the second year of cover.
- You may not be able to amend the benefit options of the Select Policy at your first renewal when choosing the fixed price option.
- When calculating renewal prices for a Select Policy after the Fixed Period, Bupa considers additional factors such as (but not limited to) claims history, age of members, the rising cost of healthcare and IPT, which will be factored into each year’s renewal subscription.
- Bupa reserves the right to decline to offer a Select Policy in its absolute discretion, and Bupa’s decision regarding any aspect of this promotion is final.
- Bupa reserves the right to cancel, suspend, amend or withdraw the Offer at any point without prior notice.
- The Offer is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, has no cash value/alternative but can be used in conjunction with other promotions or offers.
- Bupa will use any personal information in accordance with its privacy notice which can be found at bupa.co.uk/privacy
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Bupa and its group companies shall not be liable to the SME client or any of its employees for any claims, damages or any other losses whatsoever under or in connection with the operation of the Offer.
- These terms & conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.