When our customers need to see a physiotherapist, we offer them a choice of practices from our physiotherapy network.
Find out more about the benefits it could bring to your practice and the recognition criteria below.
Benefits of recognition
Bupa recognition can help you build and promote your practice. It enables you to:
- raise the profile of your practice
- receive agreed fees for the care and treatment that you provide our customers
- raising the profile of your practice through your personal page on Finder, our online directory of Bupa recognised healthcare professionals and healthcare services, which is used by our customers, GPs and the public and receives around 100,000 visits a week
- access to our Providers Online website and other online resources to make running your private practice simple and straightforward.
Please review the terms and conditions
We’ll take it that you agree to the Terms and conditions for joining the Bupa Physiotherapy Network (PDF, 330KB) if you apply for Bupa recognition.
We’ll only use the information you submit to us as part of this process for the purposes of this application, and in our ongoing relationship in the event that you become Bupa recognised.
We’ve indicated in the application form which information may be shared with Bupa customers on a Bupa website and through other media.
You have the opportunity to give your permission for this as you complete the application form.
Gather the information you need
You’ll find it easier to complete your application if you have the following information to hand:
- the name and address of your practice(s)
- professional qualifications and contact details of your lead physiotherapist
- a copy of your lead physiotherapist’s enhanced DBS certificate, AccessNI enhanced certificate, or Disclosure Scotland enhanced disclosure
- the professional qualifications of all physiotherapists at the practice
- photographic proof of identity for your lead physiotherapist
We’ll send you an on screen message to confirm we’ve received your completed application. Once we’ve received your application and supporting documents, we’ll process them. We aim get back to you within five working days, but in busy periods it may take longer.
Your recognition begins on the day you’re added to Bupa’s list of recognised therapists, so please don’t start treating Bupa customers until you’ve received our email confirming that your application is complete. We’re unable to fund any services provided to Bupa patients before that.
We’re temporarily closed to new applications for Bupa recognition. Please check back for further updates as they will be published here. Thank you for your patience.