Because you want the team to be flu-free
We’ve been providing businesses with flu vaccinations throughout the UK for the last 10 years. Our flu vaccination programmes are designed to help protect your workforce against the spread of flu, helping to maintain your business’s productivity during the flu season.
There are two ways to get vaccinated. A trained nurse can administer the vaccinations with minimum disruption in your workplace, or employees can visit a participating pharmacy. We also provide all employees with a dedicated 24/7 helpline for any flu vaccination and post-vaccination advice.Talk to us on 01315880909^
Request a callback
This year the recommendation is to use quadrivalent vaccines. The quadrivalent flu vaccine is designed to protect against four different flu viruses; two influenza A viruses and two influenza B viruses.
How to book your vaccination programme
We’ll get back to you with confirmation of the cost and post your vouchers (if applicable) to you for the beginning of October 2018.
About our onsite flu vaccination programme
- We’ll provide you with a toolkit to make setting up the programme easy and simple. The toolkit will also include materials to help you engage with your employees about flu vaccinations.
- We have an online booking system so that your employees can book their appointments online at their convenience.
- We'll provide you with uptake reports on a weekly basis. Our nurses can administer 70 vaccinations in a half day and 140 in a full day.
- Our nurses will travel to your desired location(s) with all the equipment needed to administer the vaccines.
- Your employees will have access to our dedicated 24/7 helpline for any flu vaccination and post-vaccination advice.
What happens on the day?
- The nurse will arrive 30-45 minutes before the start time so they can be shown the fire exits, toilets and prepare their kit.
- The vaccinations begin promptly at the scheduled time..
- At the end of the day the nurse will pack up their kit and return them to the flu team.
- Morning flu sessions start at 9am in London and 9.30am outside of London. Afternoon sessions start approximately 1.30pm and finish at 5.30pm.
Here's a selection of questions and answers that we've already helped our customers with.
70 employees can be seen in a half day session, which lasts 3.75 hours (3.5 hours + 15 minute break).
140 employees can be seen in a full day session, which lasts 8 hours (7 hours + 2 X 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch).
London sessions will start at 9am (nurse arrival time 8.15am), outside London sessions will start at 9.30am (nurse arrival time 8.45am).
If the client has booked an afternoon half day session, this will start at 1.30pm (nurse arrival time 12.45pm).
We ask clients to estimate the number of vaccines, when completing the booking form. The organiser will communicate with the employees and will have an exact quantity of vaccines required a few days in advance. Bupa will call the site to confirm the amount required, once the number has been confirmed we’ll send the exact quantity. We do charge for the number sent, as the interruption to the cool storage of vaccines means they can't be used again.
We send an online toolkit that contains launch materials, communication material, marketing material, medical documentation, posters and checklists. This will ease the administration required for the flu programme.
The online booking system is a specific tool to help companies/employees scheduling appointments. This ensures each employee is booking their own appointment at a suitable time to the site they are based. They’ll receive a confirmation email to confirm registration and booking an appointment, this includes the room details of the clinic. The day before the clinic, an email is sent to the site contact, with the scheduled consent form.
Couriers will deliver on the mornings – Monday and Tuesday (before 9am). All other working days the equipment will be delivered the day before.
Customer to complete booking form or send an email to the mailbox if they’ve already completed the form.
We’ll post the vouchers out within two days of confirmation. Once posted, we’ll email to confirm they’ve been dispatched.
There’s no minimum order for voucher and no postage charge.
Please note vouchers are non-refundable.
^ Lines are open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. We may record or monitor our calls.
†Nurse’s fees may apply.
Bupa Occupational Health Services are provided by Bupa Occupational Health Limited.
Registered in England and Wales No. 3829851.Registered office: 1 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ.