Thayer Street Dental Centre
GDC - 82573 DipDS Athens 1999, PCC SP Athens 2002, MSc Athens 2003, PhD Specialist in Periodontics
Maria qualified as a dental surgeon from the University of Athens and obtained her MSc degree in Oral Biology and her Certificate of Clinical Specialization in Periodontics with distinction. She was then awarded a clinical training fellowship for the department of periodontology and fixed prosthodontics at the University of Bern, Switzerland.
Maria received her doctor of philosophy degree from the University College London Eastman Dental Institute for her research on the effect of diabetes mellitus (type 1 diabetes) on dental implants and bone regeneration. She was also the recipient of the prestigious 2009 European Association of Osseointegration research award and the 2010 Andre Schroeder Research Prize.
Her clinical expertise includes the diagnosis and treatment of:
- Periodontal and peri-implant diseases
- Performance of conventional and regenerative periodontal surgery
- Guided tissue regeneration
- Enamel matrix proteins
- Periodontal plastic microsurgery including soft tissue grafting and aesthetic crown lengthening
- Surgical implant placement and ridge augmentation with bone grafting techniques