What is health insurance?
Health insurance, often called private medical insurance, is an insurance policy that covers the costs of private healthcare, from diagnosis to treatment. You will pay a monthly subscription that covers all or some of the cost of treatment for acute conditions that develop after your health insurance policy has begun.
You may take out private health insurance because it gives you quick access to medical treatment. We offer different levels of private health insurance cover for you to compare: Comprehensive and Treatment and Care.
Get a quote between 2nd November 2020 and 30 November 2020 and you’ll also benefit from 1 month free. Applied in month 1 of the first year of cover. *Terms and conditions apply
Get a quote
or call us on 0808 256 9436^
What type of health insurance are you looking for?
Our range of cover options allows you to adapt aspects of your health insurance to suit your needs.
Our health insurance benefits
Whether it’s getting the help you need faster, or for cancer care that helps get you there, we’re proud to give you nothing less than health expertise.
Learn more about private health insurance
Our useful guides are here to help you understand the fundamentals of health insurance. We also cover a number of key health topics – such as looking after yourself as a parent and taking care of your children’s health.
One Month Free Terms and Conditions
- 1. In addition to these terms and conditions, the terms set out in Bupa’s Bupa By You Policy Benefits and Terms guide and your membership certificate will apply to your policy.
- 2. This offer is available to UK residents aged 18 and over who purchase a new consumer Bupa By You health insurance policy either:
a. directly from Bupa
b. from Bupa through an intermediary
- 3. The offer is not available on any other Bupa products or services. The offer is not available to customers switching from a Bupa company health insurance policy, switching from another provider’s health insurance scheme or for existing members transferring from a different health insurance policy, unless the customer is re-underwritten onto a new Bupa By You policy.
- 4. This offer is available for new Bupa By You health insurance policies for which a quote is provided between 2 November 2020 to 30 November 2020 on a full medical underwriting or moratorium basis. Quotes are valid for 14 days and your policy start date must be on or before 30 November 2020 inclusive.
- 5. The one month free cover will be applied to month one of the first year of your new Bupa By You policy. If you pay for the first year of subscriptions upfront, you will be charged for 11 months’ subscriptions. This offer is available for the first year only and will not apply in any subsequent years. The premium after the first year will be based on 12 months of cover.
- 6. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other promotion or offer except the family and couples saving, and discounts associated with one of our partners. A full list of our participating partners can be found at www.bupa.co.uk/affinity-partners or by calling 0808 256 4840. Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 12.30pm on Saturday. We may record or monitor our calls.
- 7. Bupa reserves the right to decline to offer a health insurance policy in its absolute discretion, and Bupa’s decision regarding any aspect of this promotion is final.
- 8. Bupa reserves the right to cancel, amend or withdraw the promotion at any time.
- 9. The offer has no cash value or alternative and the discount is non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- 10. Bupa will use your personal information in accordance with its privacy notice which can be found at bupa.co.uk/privacy.
- 11. To the fullest extent permitted by law Bupa Insurance Limited and the Bupa group of companies shall not incur any liability for any claims, damages, losses or other liabilities whatsoever arising under or otherwise in connection with this offer.
- 12. The promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- 13. Bupa health insurance is provided by Bupa Insurance Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 3956433. Bupa Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Arranged and administered by Bupa Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales No. 3829851. Registered office: 1 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ