Because you want reassurance
Looking after your team is looking after your business. Business health insurance is an attractive employment benefit and can help to retain talent.
Help extend health benefits to more of your team with our small business health insurance scheme. We offer a variety of healthcare cover options which aim to suit different budgets, as well as the demands of various types of businesses.
It only takes a few minutes to get a guide price online.
You’ll need to call us to get a complete quote. Talk to us on 0808 252 0677^
Our health insurance
Our healthcare schemes and services aim to keep your employees feeling their best, which could improve productivity and contribute towards a healthier, happier business.
Our business health insurance, Select, has three levels of cover to choose from as well as a wide range of benefits for your employees:
- access up to 600 hospitals in our networks
- cancer cover as standard‡
- cover for eligible out-patient consultations and treatment
- employees have access to 24/7 Anytime Healthline
- facility charges for eligible in-patient and day-patient treatment in a Bupa recognised facility within your chosen network are paid in full
- cover for eligible musculoskeletal conditions, to care for your muscles, bones and joints
- mental health cover
Download the guide with full details of benefits covered, plus standard exclusions. Health insurance product summary (PDF, 1.7MB).
To compare prices between the three different levels of Select health insurance, follow the link to get a guide price.
Our base level
Extra cover for added reassurance
Our highest tier of cover
|Access to partnership facilities nationwide||Over 300||Over 300||Over 600|
|Out-patient cover for consultations, X-rays and diagnostic tests||£1,000 a year||£1,500 a year||Paid in full††|
|Complementary therapies||Up to £250 within out-patient benefit limit above||Up to out-patient benefit limit above||Paid in full††|
|Consultant fees and facility charges||Paid in full††||Paid in full††||Paid in full††|
|Cancer cover||Paid in full‡||Paid in full‡||Paid in full‡|
|Mental health cover||Paid in full up to 45 days each year for eligible treatment in recognised facilities with partnership consultants|
|NHS cash benefit||£50 a night for up to 35 nights a year for treatment that would have otherwise been covered for private in-patient treatment|
1. Available to UK residents aged 18+ when purchasing a Bupa Select health insurance policy direct through Bupa. The offer is only available to new SMC customers and excludes all other products/services.
2. This offer is available for new SMC Bupa Select policies for which a quote is provided between 8th January 2018 and 28th February 2018 inclusive. Quotes are valid for 28 days. The policy must start within 30 days of the original quote date.
3. The two months free health insurance will be applied in month eleven and twelve of the first year of your cover. This offer is only valid for monthly payments as opposed to a single annual payment. Please note this offer will not be applied in subsequent years.
4. At renewal we consider additional factors such as claims history, age of member, the rising cost of healthcare and IPT that will be factored into each year’s renewal subscription. This can affect your subscription.
5. All new Bupa customers who qualify for this offer will be underwritten at point of sale. Pre-existing conditions will not be covered. We can offer either full medical underwriting at the point of joining or new rolling moratorium underwriting. Bupa Select policy terms and conditions will apply.
6. Bupa reserves the right to decline to offer a company health insurance policy in its absolute discretion, and Bupa’s decision regarding any aspect of this promotion is final.
7. Bupa reserves the right to cancel, suspend, amend or withdraw the promotion at any time without prior notice where it considers, at its sole discretion, it is necessary to do so.
8. The offer is non-transferable, has no cash value/alternative and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts.
9. Bupa will use your personal information in accordance with our privacy notice which can be found at www.bupa.co.uk/privacy
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
^Lines are open 8:30am to 6pm Monday to Friday. We may record or monitor our calls.
‡With Bupa cancer cover there are no time limits and all your eligible treatment costs are paid in full for as long as you have Bupa health insurance. If your employer has selected an overall annual maximum benefit, eligible costs will be paid up to that limit. You must use a healthcare facility from your chosen Bupa network and a Bupa-recognised consultant, who agrees to charge within our limits (a fee-assured consultant).
††When we say paid in full, it means that all your costs are paid in full for eligible treatment when you use a healthcare facility within your chosen Bupa network, using a partnership consultant who agrees to charge within Bupa limits (a fee-assured consultant). For consultants who are not partnership consultants, we pay up to the limits of the consultant fee schedule.
Bupa Health Insurance and Dental Insurance are provided by Bupa Insurance Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 3956433. Bupa Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Arranged and administered by Bupa Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales No. 3829851. Registered office: 1 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ.