Why choose Bupa business health insurance?
Talk to us now on 0345 266 8974
We do all we do, so they can too.
Call us to get a quote on 0808 301 8363^ or request a call back
We’ve got the most extensive mental health cover on the market‡
Mental health is just as important as physical health for all-round performance. Our health insurance gives your employees access to the most comprehensive mental health cover in the market‡, including addictions†. So we’ve got your team covered from top to toe.
‡As of December 2020, this analysis is based on an internally conducted review of the SME health insurance market using publicly available information from the major insurers in the UK SME health insurance market. Combined, Bupa, AXA Health, Aviva and Vitality hold approximately 90% of the Gross Written Premium income of UK PMI providers. Refers to standard mental health cover when this is included in the selected SME health insurance product. We acknowledge that some SME schemes have bespoke benefits.
†To support addictions we fund one addiction treatment programme per membership lifetime. To support chronic mental health conditions (conditions which recur) we removed restrictions on policies with mental health cover from April 2018. Please contact your account manager if you would like to discuss the benefits/benefit limits on your policy.
Faster help with the things that matter.
We understand having symptoms of conditions such as cancer, mental health and muscle, bone and joint conditions can be stressful and time consuming for your employees. Which is why we want them to speak to us first, usually without the need to see a GP††. This improves speed of diagnosis to minimise worry and absence.
Our cancer promise is here for your people.
We know each team member is vital to your business and your success. So it’s reassuring to know our small business health insurance comes with a cancer promise that delivers more for you and your team should the worst happen. With no time limits on treatment and all eligible cancer drugs paid in full, plus access to our oncology support team, we’re there every step of the way‡‡.
24/7 GP appointments and health advice.
Taking time off work to see a GP can be worrying. With Digital GP provided by Babylon††† included as standard and our Anytime HealthLine advisers on call, seeking health advice and referral is fast and easy, 24/7, 365.
We’re here to provide guidance.
Busy businesses often don’t have enough time to provide health guidance, which is why we provide practical and useful health resources specifically designed for small businesses and their people. This includes a wellbeing hub, toolkits and the latest info and advice to keep your team in the very best physical and mental condition.
Mental wellbeing affects us every day, especially at work. But we don’t often make it a priority or understand the connection with our physical health. Find out more about our campaign to open up mental health conversations in the workplace.
Workplace Wellbeing Hub
Head to the Workplace Wellbeing Hub to get practical advice and guidance on setting your own workplace wellbeing strategy, have a read of our manager’s guides, industry insights, latest blogs and more. Improving wellbeing in your workplace starts here.
Business mental health advantage
Mental health continues to be a key priority for business, but employees still face many challenges in accessing treatments. That’s why we’ve taken steps to remove most exclusions and extend our cover ††.
Bupa Workplace Wellbeing Census
We’ve collaborated with YouGov to publish the first ever Workplace Wellbeing Census – a must read report providing insight into how people in the UK really feel about their wellbeing at work.
†Terms and conditions
1. In these terms and conditions, references to “Bupa” are to Bupa Insurance Limited, which may act through its agent Bupa Insurance Services Limited.
2. Eligible clients will receive access to Bupa’s Healthy Minds Employee Assistance Programme (“EAP”) during the first year of cover (the “Offer”) when purchasing a new Bupa Select Company PMI Policy (the “Select Policy”) subject to these terms and conditions. The Offer cannot be used against any other Bupa product or service.
3. The Offer will not be applied in subsequent policy years. If you wish to continue to have access to EAP for your employees after the first year of cover, you must request this at renewal of your Select Policy and pay any applicable fees and charges.
4. The Offer is available to UK registered small or medium sized corporate entities with between 2 and 249 employees (“SMEs”) who purchase a new Select Policy directly from Bupa for their employees.
5. The Offer is available to new SME clients, including those switching from an alternative company health insurance provider, and is not available for the following
a. SME clients who purchase their Select Policy through an intermediary; or
b. existing Bupa clients who hold a policy for any Bupa product or service for the benefit of their
employees; or existing SME clients who hold a PMI policy with Bupa for the benefit of their employees.
6. The Offer is only available for new or switching SME clients for whom a quote is provided for a Select Policy between 1 April 2021 and 28 May 2021 inclusive. Quotes are valid for 28 days and the Select Policy have a start date between 1 April 2021 and 28 May 2021 inclusive. Bupa’s standard Terms of Business and Bupa Select Policy Terms & Conditions will apply
7. All employees covered, including any new joiners after the Select Policy has started, will be eligible to access the EAP during the first year of cover as long as they are covered by the Select Policy. Employees who leave or otherwise stop being covered by the Select Policy will not be eligible to access the EAP.
8. Bupa reserves the right to decline to offer a Select Policy in its absolute discretion, and Bupa’s decision regarding any aspect of this promotion is final.
9. Bupa reserves the right to cancel, suspend, amend or withdraw the Offer at any point without prior notice.
10. The Offer is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, has no cash value/alternative and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions or offers.
11. Bupa will use any personal information in accordance with its privacy notice which can be found at bupa.co.uk/privacy
12. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Bupa and its group companies shall not be liable to the SME client or any of its employees for any claims, damages or any other losses whatsoever under or in connection with the operation of the Offer.
13. These terms & conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.