Why you might choose an alternative solution:
Dental implant treatment is a long-lasting solution for replacing missing teeth, but it’s not for everybody. Sometimes people choose to opt for an alternative. This is because:
- Having implant treatment requires multiple procedures and your mouth needs to heal between the implant and false tooth being fitted. So, implant treatment can take longer than other solutions, such as dentures.
- Not everyone is suitable for dental implants, for example, if you have had radiotherapy around the jaw, or diabetes which isn’t well controlled you may not be eligible. Your dentist will need to assess your suitability during your initial consultation.
- If you don’t have enough natural bone in your jaw to support the implant, you might need a supporting treatment such as a bone graft or sinus lift first. This can add time and additional costs to the procedure.
- Dental implant treatment involves complex surgery, meaning the work involved can cost more than alternative solutions, such as fitting dentures. They’re also made from high-quality materials including ceramic or porcelain, while a denture is usually made from plastic, which can affect the cost.
Why choose Bupa Dental Care for your implants?
At Bupa Dental Care, you can rest assured, that you’re in the hands of an experienced implant dentist. Other benefits include:
- We’re the number one provider of private dental care in the UK1
- We offer dental implants at over 2702 practices across the UK and are very experienced at delivering this treatment
- All our implant dentists have undergone further postgraduate training and are fully qualified to offer dental implants
- Access to modern technology including iTero scanners and 3D CBCT scans at many of our practices
- We offer transparency from start to finish. We’ll talk to you upfront about the cost of implants and what to expect, so you have clear expectations
- We have dedicated implant clinics that solely focus on implant treatment. The dentists place implants all day, every day and are highly skilled in this field
Find your closest practice offering dental implants
^ We may record or monitor our calls.
Bupa Dental Care is a trading name of Oasis Dental Care Limited. Registered in England and Wales No: 00478127. Registered office: Bupa Dental Care, Vantage Office Park, Old Gloucester Road, Hambrook, Bristol, United Kingdom BS16 1GW.
Oasis Dental Care Limited has a number of trading names including Bupa Dental Care. For a list of all our different trading names please follow this link.