- BMJ Best Practice. Generalised anxiety disorder. bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated March 2017
- Anxiety disorders. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidance. www.nice.org.uk, February 2014
- Mental health. Oxford Handbook of General Practice (online). Oxford Medicine Online. oxfordmedicine.com, published April 2014
- Generalised anxiety disorder. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked May 2016
- Generalised anxiety disorder and panic disorder in adults: management. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guideline. www.nice.org.uk, January 2011
- Anxiety, Panic and Phobias. Royal College of Psychiatrists. www.rcpsych.ac.uk, last updated September 2015
- Antidepressants. Royal College of Psychiatrists. www.rcpsych.ac.uk, last updated February 2015
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked April 2014
- Hayes-Skelton SA, Roemer LA contemporary view of applied relaxation for generalized anxiety disorder. Cogn Behav Ther 2013; 42(4). doi: 10.1080/16506073.2013.777106
- Anxiety and stress-related disorders. Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry (online). Oxford Medicine Online. oxfordmedicine.com, published March 2013
Reviewed by Graham Pembrey, Lead Editor, Bupa Health Content Team, September 2017
Expert reviewer, Dr Rahul Bhattacharya, Consultant Psychiatrist
Next review due September 2020
Has our health information helped you?
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short survey will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.