Providing fast and convenient access to a friendly and professional service
With our private GP services we aim to give you an appointment on a next-day basis where possible and will always try to accommodate urgent requests on the same day that you contact us.
We offer a range of appointment types depending on your needs and during your confidential appointment your GP will discuss any need or concerns you may have.
“GP was excellent, very attentive, listened carefully to my needs and issues and provided excellent referral towards my treatment.”
“There was no waiting and it was a super nice doctor.”
“I had an appointment booked within a few hours of my request, at a convenient time, the GP was on time, nice, efficient and friendly, and the receptionist was efficient too.”
“Pleasant visit and extremely helpful, and made me feel at ease. Explained things in full and was a very nice visit overall.”
“There was hardly any waiting time, it was a very friendly doctor and a wonderful welcoming receptionist.”
Conditions we cover
Here are just a few of the conditions our private GP services can cover.
Each one of our health centres has a warm, friendly environment which you can feel comfortable and relaxed in during your appointment. As well as being CQC approved, many of our centres also offer same day test results – perfect if you lead a busy lifestyle.
Call us on 0345 619 2961^
15 minute GP appointment
We would recommend this length of appointment if you meet any of the following:
- You have one concern or illness to discuss with the doctor
- You have visited the Clinic before
- You have a query about an existing condition you wish to talk about
- You need a repeat private prescription (Please note that our GPs don’t prescribe medication for controlled drugs and/or any medications to treat addiction.. All prescriptions are issued at the GPs discretion)
30 minute GP appointment
We would recommend this length of appointment if you require any of the following:
- You have more than one medical issue you wish to discuss
- You want to discuss your medical history in more detail with a GP
- You would like to discuss your symptoms, concerns and expectations without feeling rushed
- You need medical advice and a detailed assessment to reach or confirm a diagnosis
- You would like to discuss your options for treatment and need advice to help you make the best decision
- You would like a second opinion or further information on a diagnosis or help creating a management and treatment plan to deal with your diagnosis
- You think you may need to see a private consultant to access secondary care
- You need a private prescription (Please note that our GPs don’tprescribe medication for controlled drugs and/or any medications to treat addiction. All prescriptions are issued at the GP's discretion)
- You require some help with completing a medical form
Female customers: If the purpose of the appointment is for a cervical smear test, please contact the bookings team directly and request to book a ‘GP appointment with smear’.
All customers are welcome to attend Bupa centres. Please let us know of any disability at the time of booking so that special arrangements and/or an extended appointment can be made for you if necessary. For customers with restricted mobility we may need to give additional instructions regarding parking or access to the building. Customers with other difficulties such as communication problems should, where possible, arrange for a friend, relative or other assistant to accompany them. For example, this could include a signer.
We don't have specialised equipment such as hoists.
Most centres offer 15 minute appointments which is usually sufficient for less serious problems or 30 minutes if you feel you need a longer consultation. You can choose your appointment length at the time of booking.
If, despite booking a short appointment more time is required, we will endeavour to make this available to you. Extra time is only available in 15 minute or 30 minute intervals and there will be a charge for this.
If you need specialist attention, your private GPwill be able to discuss the option of onward referral to the right kind of consultant for your condition.
Please remember to check that you are either insured for any referral or that you have alternative arrangements in place to meet the costs.
Doctors can issue sickness certificates and fit notes to people to provide evidence and advice about their ill health and fitness for work.
GPs at Bupa are able to do this for the problem/illness you are attending for if it’s decided you are not able to work or if advice needs to be given to your employer regarding your fitness to work and any modifications needed.
We’re unable to issue certificates retrospectively for an illness that was not assessed by one of our doctors unless you have a recent letter from your specialist or discharge information from a recent hospital admission.
Sick certificates/fit notes will usually only be issued for a short periods of time. We’re unable except in exceptional circumstances to issue long-term certificates for chronic ongoing medical problems. These will need to be obtained from your NHS GP.
Bupa doesn’t issue certificates or letters for individuals regarding their fitness to undertake sporting events or activities.
We do not normally have access to NHS clinics with the exception of accident and emergency, sexual health and family planning clinics.
We aim to offer a level of care that is right for you and your circumstance. However, we strongly advise that you remain on the list with an NHS GP, close to your home, to ensure assistance in the event of a medical emergency.
Bupa GP appointments are only available to persons aged 18 years and older.
Bupa Private GP Services are provided by Bupa Occupational Health Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 631336. Registered office: 1 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ.