Health insurance, often referred to as private medical insurance, gives you access to private healthcare for conditions that are covered by your policy and develop after your policy starts. One of the main benefits of health insurance is the speed of access to medical treatment.
Whether it’s getting the help you need faster, or for cancer care that helps get you there, we’re proud to give you nothing less than health expertise.
With Bupa, you’ll be covered for acute conditions (disease, illness or injury that are likely to respond quickly to treatment) that begin after your policy starts (pre existing conditions may affect what your policy will cover you for). The environment you’ll be treated in will vary depending on where you’re located and the type of treatment you need. You could be treated in a private hospital, health centre or private section of an NHS hospital.
There are general exclusions which are not covered as standard within our health insurance policies, for example the long-term treatment and monitoring of chronic conditions or cosmetic surgery.
We’ll also need to know about any pre-existing conditions or symptoms you may have. Pre-existing conditions won’t affect the cost of your policy, but they may affect what your policy will cover you for.
Details of the full list of exclusions can be found in the Bupa By You policy benefits and terms (PDF, 0.4MB).
Our health insurance benefits
Whether it’s getting the help you need faster, or for cancer care, we’re proud to give you nothing less than health expertise.
Read our blog
One Month Free Terms and Conditions
- 1. In addition to these terms and conditions, the terms set out in Bupa’s Bupa By You Policy Benefits and Terms guide and your membership certificate will apply to your policy.
- 2. This offer is available to UK residents aged 18 and over who purchase a new consumer Bupa By You health insurance policy either:
a. directly from Bupa
b. from Bupa through an intermediary
- 3. The offer is not available on any other Bupa products or services. The offer is not available to customers switching from a Bupa company health insurance policy, switching from another provider’s health insurance scheme or for existing members transferring from a different health insurance policy, unless the customer is re-underwritten onto a new Bupa By You policy.
- 4. This offer is available for new Bupa By You health insurance policies for which a quote is provided between 2 November 2020 to 30 November 2020 on a full medical underwriting or moratorium basis. Quotes are valid for 14 days and your policy start date must be on or before 30 November 2020 inclusive.
- 5. The one month free cover will be applied to month one of the first year of your new Bupa By You policy. If you pay for the first year of subscriptions upfront, you will be charged for 11 months’ subscriptions. This offer is available for the first year only and will not apply in any subsequent years. The premium after the first year will be based on 12 months of cover.
- 6. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other promotion or offer except the family and couples saving, and discounts associated with one of our partners. A full list of our participating partners can be found at www.bupa.co.uk/affinity-partners or by calling 0808 256 4840. Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 12.30pm on Saturday. We may record or monitor our calls.
- 7. Bupa reserves the right to decline to offer a health insurance policy in its absolute discretion, and Bupa’s decision regarding any aspect of this promotion is final.
- 8. Bupa reserves the right to cancel, amend or withdraw the promotion at any time.
- 9. The offer has no cash value or alternative and the discount is non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- 10. Bupa will use your personal information in accordance with its privacy notice which can be found at bupa.co.uk/privacy.
- 11. To the fullest extent permitted by law Bupa Insurance Limited and the Bupa group of companies shall not incur any liability for any claims, damages, losses or other liabilities whatsoever arising under or otherwise in connection with this offer.
- 12. The promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- 13. Bupa health insurance is provided by Bupa Insurance Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 3956433. Bupa Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Arranged and administered by Bupa Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales No. 3829851. Registered office: 1 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ
^We may record or monitor calls. Lines are open between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am and 12.30pm on Saturday.
‡Direct Access telephone services are available as long as the symptoms are covered under the policy. If your cover excludes conditions you had before your policy started, we will ask you to provide evidence from your GP that your symptoms are not pre-existing for a period of up to two years from policy start date (or five years in the case of mental health) before we can refer you to a consultant or therapist through the Direct Access service. For rolling moratorium underwritten members we will ask for evidence each time you claim for a condition not claimed for before. Always call us first to check your eligibility.
††As of September 2020, this analysis is based on an internally conducted review of the consumer health insurance market using publicly available information from the major insurers in the UK consumer health insurance market. Combined, Bupa, AXA PPP, Aviva and Vitality hold approximately 90% of the Gross Written Premium income of UK PMI providers. Refers to standard mental health cover when this is included in the selected consumer health insurance product.
‡Access to eligible breakthrough cancer drugs and treatments often before they are available on the NHS or approved by NICE as long as they are evidence-based. Applies to eligible cancer drugs and treatments covered by your policy. Bupa will not fund for genetic testing when used solely for the purpose of screening.
Bupa Anytime HealthLine, Everyday Rewards by Bupa and Digital GP are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority or the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Digital GP services are provided by Babylon Healthcare Services Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 09229684. Registered office: 60 Sloane Avenue, London SW3 3DD.
Everyday Rewards by Bupa is promoted by Bupa Investments Limited, 1 Angel Court, London EC2R 7HJ and administered by Paragon Customer Communications Limited, Evolution House, 12 Choats Road, Barking, Dagenham, RM9 6BF. Terms and conditions can be found at bupa-rewards.bupa.co.uk/terms-conditions
Bupa Investments Limited and Paragon Customer Communications Limited will use your information for the purposes of the administration of Everyday Rewards. For details of how your information will be processed by Bupa, please visit:bupa.co.uk/privacy
Bupa Anytime HealthLine is provided by Bupa Occupational Health Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 631336. Registered office: 1 Angel Court, London EC2R 7HJ
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland introduces Bupa health insurance.
Bupa health insurance is provided by Bupa Insurance Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 3956433. Bupa Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Arranged and administered by Bupa Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales No. 3829851. Registered office: 1 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ.