- Influenza infection. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated 27 April 2018
- Influenza – seasonal. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised October 2015
- Influenza (seasonal). World Health Organization. www.who.int, published 31 January 2018
- Influenza: the green book, chapter 19. GOV.UK. www.gov.uk, last updated 1 December 2017
- Cold versus flu. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. www.cdc.gov, last updated 30 January 2018
- Personal communication, Professor Robert Read, Professor of Infectious Diseases, 25 May 2018
Reviewed by Rachael Mayfield-Blake, Freelance Health Editor, June 2018
Expert reviewer, Professor Robert Read, Professor of Infectious Diseases
Next review due June 2021
Has our health information helped you?
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short survey will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.