To help you get the most out of this calendar, it’s best to view it on a desktop computer. Download a PDF version of Mindfulness calendar (PDF, 0.37MB). If your internet browser doesn’t support this PDF, try opening it with Adobe Reader.
Mindfulness ideas to get your week off to a good start
Feeling ready to embrace a month of mindfulness? Here’s a taster of some of the ways you can start introducing the benefits of mindfulness into your life.
- Experiment with your morning routine, to start your day in a positive way.
- Start your month with kindness. Think well of yourself and others.
- Turn routine into a mindful moment. It could be while cleaning your teeth or washing up.
- Start building three minutes of mindfulness into your daily routine.
- Concentrate on your breathing. Try starting with 10 breaths, counting each one.
- Write down two things that you’re grateful for.
- Stop and focus on your thoughts and sensations by trying some mindful meditation.
- Help yourself sleep by taking time to wind down before bed.
- Notice the beauty of nature on your daily walk or run.
- Listen to a mindfulness podcast.
Mindfulness at work
Below are some mindfulness ideas for when you’re at work. This can help you feel less stressed and improve your concentration.
- Take a full lunch break, whether you’re working from home or in an office.
- Head out on a mindful walk in your lunch break.
- Enjoy mindful eating and savour your favourite meal.
- Rest your elbows on a window ledge and take five minutes to watch the world go by.
- Be a mindful communicator at work and encourage open conversations with your colleagues.
- Spend a minute practising self-awareness and acknowledge your feelings.
- Declutter your desk or workspace.
- Set reminders on your phone or calendar to regularly get up, stretch your legs, and move your body.
Mindfulness ideas to try when you get a spare moment
Here are some mindfulness ideas to try during the day.
- Draw, colour in or be creative – art can help you de-stress.
- Go for a run or exercise without music. Focus your attention on your body.
- Try a digital detox by taking a phone break – you could involve all your loved ones.
- Catch up on life admin to feel more organised and relaxed.
- Spend a few moments paying attention to the feeling of your feet on the ground.
- Enjoy a movie in a mindful way by completely immersing yourself in the story and the experience.
- Use technology to be mindful – download a mindfulness or journal app.
- If you have children or a young relative, spend and savour some time with them.
- Remind yourself that thoughts are not facts. What’s happening around you?
Our mindfulness calendar can help guide you to practice mindfulness each day across the month. As you do more and more mindfulness activities, you might see an improvement to your mind and body. And remember, if you find you are struggling with your mental health, speak to your GP for advice and support.