You can find the original recipes and their nutritional information by following the links under each one.
This is an omega 3 rich version of the traditional tuna niçoise, to provide you with a serving of your essential fatty acids.
Per serving: carbohydrate 23g, fat 19g, fibre 8g, protein 31g, salt 0.6g
- One finely chopped red onion.
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- 12 black olives, quartered.
- 2 tbsp chopped dill.
- 400g small baby potatoes.
- Two eggs.
- 320g fine green beans, trimmed.
- Four salmon fillets.
- Two lettuces.
- Four tomatoes, cut into wedges.
- Mix together the onion, olives, and herbs in a bowl.
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes. In a separate pan, boil the eggs and add the green beans for 5 minutes (use a steamer if you have one).
- Meanwhile, poach the salmon for 8-10 minutes.
- Make a dressing with the cider vinegar, olive oil, and dill.
- Prepare the salad, add onion and herb mixture, potatoes, beans, salmon, and eggs, and pour dressing over.
Fresh salmon niçoise recipe | BBC Good Food
Pesto chicken salad
Get a source of both protein and fibre with this filling lunch recipe.
Per serving: carbohydrate 36g, fat 15g, fibre 6g, protein 44g, salt 0.6g
- 50g couscous.
- 2 tbsp pesto.
- 2 tbsp yogurt.
- Two cooked skinless chicken breasts, shredded.
- Small bunch of basil, leaves picked and torn.
- Half of a cucumber, chopped.
- Two sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and sliced.
- Two little lettuces, leaves separated.
- 2 tsp toasted pine nuts.
- Put the couscous in a heatproof bowl and cover with 100ml boiling water. Stir in 1 tbsp pesto. Cover and leave for about 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to fluff up the couscous and add the remaining pesto alongside the yoghurt, chicken, basil, and cucumber.
- Spoon the couscous mixture into the lettuce leaves and scatter pine nuts on top.
Pesto chicken salad recipe | BBC Good Food
Tomato and black bean taco salad
Enjoy this filling plant-based lunch to get you through the midweek slump.
Per serving: carbohydrate 28g, sugars 9g, fibre 12g, protein 11g, salt 0.1g
- One lime, juiced.
- 12g coriander, finely chopped.
- Half tsp ground cumin.
- One jalapeño pepper (deseeded if you prefer less heat), finely chopped.
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil.
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved.
- One romaine lettuce, chopped.
- One can sweetcorn, drained
- One red pepper, finely chopped.
- Four crunchy taco shells.
- 25g pumpkin seeds.
- Mix together the lime juice, coriander, cumin, jalapeno, and oil in a bowl.
- Add in the beans, tomatoes, lettuce, sweetcorn, and red pepper. Crumble in the taco shells and add dressing. Scatter pumpkin seeds over the top and serve.
Tomato & black bean taco salad recipe | BBC Good Food
Spicy halloumi and cauliflower rice
Providing you with a source of calcium, as well as plenty of fibre – enjoy this tasty, and quick to make midday meal.
Per serving: carbohydrate 36g, fat 14g, fibre 7g, protein 14g, salt 1.1g.
- One small head cauliflower (500g), broken into medium florets.
- 150g baby spinach.
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil.
- One red onion, sliced.
- 120g halloumi, cut into cubes.
- One garlic clove, crushed.
- One thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely grated.
- 1 tsp ground turmeric.
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder.
- Two x 250g pouches brown basmati rice.
- One red chilli, finely sliced.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the cauliflower for 5 minutes over a high heat, adding the spinach for the final 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn up the heat, add the halloumi, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, turmeric, and curry powder and cool for 1 more minute.
- Stir through the rice, cauliflower, and spinach to warm and scatter chilli over the top.
Spicy cauliflower & halloumi rice | BBC Good Food
Spicy chicken and avocado wraps
Celebrate the end of the working week with a zesty and fresh lunch.
Per serving: carbohydrate 32g, fat 16g, fibre 5g, protein 29g, salt 0.8g
- One chicken breast, thinly sliced.
- Squeeze of lime juice.
- Half tsp mild chilli powder.
- One garlic clove, chopped.
- 1 tsp olive oil.
- Two wholemeal wraps.
- One avocado, halved and stoned.
- One roasted red pepper from a jar, sliced.
- a few sprigs coriander, chopped.
- Mix together the chicken with lime juice, chilli powder, and garlic.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, and fry the chicken until cooked.
- Meanwhile, warm the wraps in a dry pan.
- Squash half an avocado onto each wrap, then add peppers, chicken, and coriander.
Spicy chicken & avocado wraps recipe | BBC Good Food