- Laser vision correction. Royal College of Ophthalmologists. www.rcophth.ac.uk, revised May 2018
- Refractive surgery. MSD manual. www.msdmanuals.com, last full review/revision February 2017
- LASIK myopia. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated 18 February 2016
- Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK) for myopia correction. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated 7 April 2017
- Small-Incision Lenticule Extraction (ReLEx SMILE). Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated 27 June 2017
- Laser-Assisted Subepithelial Keratectomy (LASEK). Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated 28 March 2017
- Refractive surgery checklist for patients. The Royal College of Ophthalmologists, April 2017. www.rcophth.ac.uk
- LASIK – laser eye surgery. American Academy of Ophthalmology. www.aao.org, published 12 December 2015
Reviewed by Pippa Coulter, Freelance Health Editor, November 2018 Expert reviewer Professor Simon Taylor, Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon Next review due November 2021
Has our health information helped you?
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short survey will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.