- Pertussis. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last reviewed April 2018
- Whooping cough. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised April 2017
- Whooping cough. PatientPlus. www.patient.info, last checked 23rd October 2015
- Laboratory confirmed cases of pertussis (England): annual report for 2017. Public Health England, 27 April 2018. www.gov.uk
- Pertussis factsheet for health professionals. Public Health England, October 2016. www.gov.uk
- PHE guidelines for the public health management of pertussis incidents in healthcare settings. Public Health England, November 2016. www.gov.uk
- The routine immunisation schedule. Public Health England, April 2018. www.gov.uk
- Vaccination against pertussis (whooping cough) for pregnant women – 2016. Information for healthcare professionals. Public Health England, June 2016. www.gov.uk
- Green book. Chapter 1. Immunity and how vaccines work. Public Health England, March 2013. www.gov.uk
- Quinn HE, Snelling TL, Macartney KK, et al. Duration of protection after first dose of acellular pertussis vaccine in infants. Pediatrics 2014; 133(3):e513–19. doi: 10.1542/peds.2013-3181
- Whooping cough vaccination. PatientPlus. www.patient.info, last checked 23 October 2015
Reviewed by Pippa Coulter, Freelance Health Editor, Bupa Health Content Team, May 2018
Expert reviewer Dr Adrian Raby, General Practitioner
Next review due May 2021
Did our information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.