Help when you need it
Arranging care can be a little overwhelming at first. Our helpful, understanding care advisors offer free advice on anything from funding to finding just the right home.
Call a customer care advisor on 0370 218 4495∧
There can be a range of symptoms, including sudden changes in attention and alertness, hallucinations and difficulties with movement. See Symptoms section for more information.
Dementia describes a range of symptoms affecting the brain, including memory loss and confusion. Dementia with Lewy bodies is a particular type, caused by the build-up of protein deposits in the brain. See section, What is dementia with Lewy bodies? for more information.
Did our Dementia with Lewy bodies information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.
This information was published by Bupa's Health Content Team and is based on reputable sources of medical evidence. It has been reviewed by appropriate medical or clinical professionals and deemed accurate on the date of review. Photos are only for illustrative purposes and do not reflect every presentation of a condition.
Any information about a treatment or procedure is generic, and does not necessarily describe that treatment or procedure as delivered by Bupa or its associated providers.
The information contained on this page and in any third party websites referred to on this page is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment. Third party websites are not owned or controlled by Bupa and any individual may be able to access and post messages on them. Bupa is not responsible for the content or availability of these third party websites. We do not accept advertising on this page.
- Dementia. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised May 2021
- Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB): what is it and what causes it? Alzheimer's Society. www.alzheimers.org.uk, last reviewed 1 September 2021
- Dementia with Lewy bodies. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last reviewed 20 September 2021
- Parkinson's disease. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last reviewed 20 September 2021
- Dementia: assessment, management and support for people living with dementia and their carers. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), published June 2018. www.nice.org.uk