- Retinal detachment. BMJ Best practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated April 2018
- Visual system anatomy. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated 9 November 2017
- Retinal detachment. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked 3 October 2016
- Posterior vitreous detachment. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked 23 September 2016
- Retinal detachment. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised March 2015
- Retinal detachment. The MSD Manuals. www.msdmanuals.com, last full review/revision January 2017
- Understanding retinal detachment. Royal National Institute of Blind People and Royal College of Ophthalmologists, 2017. www.rcophth.ac.uk
- Understanding posterior vitreous detachment. Royal National Institute of Blind People and Royal College of Ophthalmologists, 2017. www.rcophth.ac.uk
- Eye anatomy. Look after your eyes. The College of Optometrists. Lookafteryoureyes.org, accessed 1 May 2018
- Retinal treatment and driving. GOV.UK. www.gov.uk, accessed 2 May 2018
- Personal communication, Professor Simon Taylor, Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, May 2018
Reviewed by Dr Kristina Routh, Freelance Health Editor, Bupa Health Content Team, May 2018 Expert reviewer, Professor Simon Taylor, Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon Next review due May 2021
Has our health information helped you?
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short survey will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.