Did our Warts and verrucas information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.
This information was published by Bupa's Health Content Team and is based on reputable sources of medical evidence. It has been reviewed by appropriate medical or clinical professionals and deemed accurate on the date of review. Photos are only for illustrative purposes and do not reflect every presentation of a condition.
Any information about a treatment or procedure is generic, and does not necessarily describe that treatment or procedure as delivered by Bupa or its associated providers.
The information contained on this page and in any third party websites referred to on this page is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment. Third party websites are not owned or controlled by Bupa and any individual may be able to access and post messages on them. Bupa is not responsible for the content or availability of these third party websites. We do not accept advertising on this page.
- Warts and verrucae. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised February 2020
- Plantar warts (verrucas). British Association of Dermatologists. www.bad.org.uk, updated November 2018
- Al Aboud AM, Nigam PK. Wart. StatPearls Publishing. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books, last updated 8 August 2022
- Suspected cancer: recognition and referral. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. www.nice.org.uk, last updated 15 December 2021
- Viral warts. British Association of Dermatologists. www.bad.org.uk, produced September 2021
- Common warts. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last reviewed 29 October 2022
- Kwok CS, Gibbs S, Bennett C, et al. Topical treatments for cutaneous warts. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2012, Issue 9. Art. No.: CD001781. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD001781.pub3
- Dermatology. Oxford handbook of general practice. Oxford Academic. academic.oup.com, published online June 2020
- Nguyen NV, Burkhart CG. Cryosurgical treatment of warts: dimethyl ether and propane versus liquid nitrogen – case report and review of the literature. J Drugs Dermatol 2011; 10(10):1174–76
- Genital warts. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last reviewed 24 October 2022
- Personal communication, Dr Veronique Bataille, Consultant Dermatologist, 20 January 2023