Looking for physiotherapy?
You can access a range of treatments on a pay as you go basis, including physiotherapy.
To book or to make an enquiry, call us on 0370 218 6528∧
Did our Posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) injury information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.
This information was published by Bupa's Health Content Team and is based on reputable sources of medical evidence. It has been reviewed by appropriate medical or clinical professionals and deemed accurate on the date of review. Photos are only for illustrative purposes and do not reflect every presentation of a condition.
Any information about a treatment or procedure is generic, and does not necessarily describe that treatment or procedure as delivered by Bupa or its associated providers.
The information contained on this page and in any third party websites referred to on this page is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment. Third party websites are not owned or controlled by Bupa and any individual may be able to access and post messages on them. Bupa is not responsible for the content or availability of these third party websites. We do not accept advertising on this page.
- Knee ligament injuries. Patient. patient.info, last edited 16 August 2022
- Raj MA, Mabrouk A, Varacallo M. Posterior cruciate ligament knee injuries. StatPearls Publishing. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, last updated 25 September 2022
- Posterior cruciate ligament injury. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated 11 August 2022
- Knee pain – assessment. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised August 2022
- Bezuglov E, Khaitin V, Shoshorina M, et al. Sport-specific rehabilitation, but not PRP injections, might reduce the re-injury rate of muscle injuries in professional soccer players: A retrospective cohort study. J Funct Morphol Kinesiol 2022; 7(4):72. doi: 10.3390/jfmk7040072
- Naqvi U, Sherman AL. Medial collateral ligament knee injuries. StatPearls publishing. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, last update 19 July 2022
- Sprains and strains. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised September 2020