Looking for physiotherapy?
You can access a range of treatments on a pay as you go basis, including physiotherapy.
To book or to make an enquiry, call us on 0370 218 6528∧
Did our Patellar tendinopathy information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.
This information was published by Bupa's Health Content Team and is based on reputable sources of medical evidence. It has been reviewed by appropriate medical or clinical professionals and deemed accurate on the date of review. Photos are only for illustrative purposes and do not reflect every presentation of a condition.
Any information about a treatment or procedure is generic, and does not necessarily describe that treatment or procedure as delivered by Bupa or its associated providers.
The information contained on this page and in any third party websites referred to on this page is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment. Third party websites are not owned or controlled by Bupa and any individual may be able to access and post messages on them. Bupa is not responsible for the content or availability of these third party websites. We do not accept advertising on this page.
- Jumper’s knee. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated 11 March 2019
- Tendinopathy. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated 13 May 2022
- Knee pain. MSD Manuals. msdmanuals.com, last full review/revision October 2021
- Patellar tendon tear. OrthoInfo. www.orthoinfo.aaos.org, last reviewed September 2021
- Approach to sports injuries. MSD Manuals. msdmanuals.com, last full review/revision November 2021
- Reinking MF. Current concepts in the treatment of patellar tendinopathy. Int J Sports Phys Ther 2016; 11(6):854–66
- Bleakley CM, Glasgow P, Macauley DC. Price needs updating, should we call the police? Brit J Sport Med 2012; 46:220–21. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2011-090297
- Muaidi Q. Rehabilitation of patellar tendinopathy. J Musculoskel Neuron 2020; 20(4):535–540
- Treatment for knee pain. Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. www.csp.org.uk, last reviewed 26 March 2020
- Aicale R, Oliviero A, Maffulli N. Management of Achilles and patellar tendinopathy: what we know, what we can do. J Foot Ankle Res 2020; 13:59. doi: 10.1186/s13047-020-00418-8
- Overview of sprains and other soft-tissue injuries. MSD Manual Professional Version. msdmanuals.com, last revised March 2021