- Antidepressant drugs. NICE British National Formulary. bnf.nice.org.uk, reviewed 3 April 2018
- Chronic pain syndrome. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated 22 February 2018
- Depression in adults: recognition and management. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), October 2009. www.nice.org.uk
- Depression in adults. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated 16 March 2018
- Making sense of antidepressants. Mind. www.mind.org.uk, published 2016
- Depression. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated 20 March 2018
- Depression. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised October 2015
- Vortioxetine for treating major depressive episodes. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), 25 November 2015. www.nice.org.uk
- Personal communication, Dr Rahul Bhattacharya, Psychiatrist, 11 May 2018
- Using antidepressants in children and young people. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), 24 April 2018. www.nice.org.uk
- Understanding depression. Mind. www.mind.org.uk, published 2016
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) Mind. www.mind.org.uk, published October 2017
- Information about ECT (electro-convulsive therapy). Royal College of Psychiatrists. www.rcpsych.ac.uk, published July 2015
Reviewed by Rachael Mayfield-Blake, Freelance Health Editor, May 2018 Expert reviewer, Dr Rahul Bhattacharya, Psychiatrist Next review due May 2021
Did our information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.