- Prostate cancer: diagnosis and management National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), January 2014. www.nice.org.uk
- Prostate cancer. BMJ Best Practicebestpractice.bmj.com, last updated October 2015
- Prostate cancer. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated October 2015
- Prostate cancer. PatientPlus. patient.info, last checked February 2014
- Prostate cancer. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised January 2011
- About prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer UK. prostatecanceruk.org, updated April 2016
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated October 2015
- Genitourinary cancers. Oxford handbook of oncology. (online). Oxford Medicine Online. oxfordmedicine.com, published September 2015
- Prostate specific antigen. PatientPlus. patient.info, last checked October 2014
- Getting diagnosed. Prostate Cancer UK. prostatecanceruk.org, updated February 2014
- What tests will I have at the hospital? Prostate Cancer UK. prostatecanceruk.org, updated February 2014
- Decision aids. PatientPlus. patient.info, accessed 25 June 2016
- Map of Medicine. Prostate cancer. International View. London: Map of Medicine; 2015 (Issue 3)
- External bean radiotherapy. Prostate Cancer UK. prostatecanceruk.org, updated July 2014
- Living with prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer UK. prostatecanceruk.org, accessed 25 June 2016
- Sex and relationships. Prostate Cancer UK. prostatecanceruk.org, updated January 2015
- Prostate cancer risk management programme: overview. Public Health England. www.gov.uk, last updated March 2016
- Personal communication. Professor Raj Persad. 11 July 2016
Reviewed by Sarah Smith, Freelance Health Editor, Bupa Health Content Team, June 2016.
Peer reviewed by Professor Raj Persad, Consultant Urological Surgeon.
Next review due June 2019.
Has our health information helped you?
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short survey will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.