Looking for cancer cover that supports you every step of the way?
If you develop new conditions in the future, you can rest assured that our health insurance comes with full cancer cover as standard.
To get a quote or to make an enquiry, call us on 0808 273 6216∧
Did our Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT) information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.
This information was published by Bupa's Health Content Team and is based on reputable sources of medical evidence. It has been reviewed by appropriate medical or clinical professionals and deemed accurate on the date of review. Photos are only for illustrative purposes and do not reflect every presentation of a condition.
Any information about a treatment or procedure is generic, and does not necessarily describe that treatment or procedure as delivered by Bupa or its associated providers.
The information contained on this page and in any third party websites referred to on this page is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment. Third party websites are not owned or controlled by Bupa and any individual may be able to access and post messages on them. Bupa is not responsible for the content or availability of these third party websites. We do not accept advertising on this page.
- Bladder cancer. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last reviewed 6 December 2022
- Bladder cancer. Kaseb H, Aeddula NR. Statpearls publishing. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, last updated 24 October 2022
- Transurethral telescopic resection of a bladder tumour. British Association of Urological Surgeons. www.baus.org.uk, published May 2022
- Types of bladder cancer. Cancer Research UK. www.cancerresearchuk.org, last reviewed 22 September 2022
- Transurethral resection of a bladder tumour (TURBT). Cancer Research UK. www.cancerresearchuk.org, last reviewed 14 October 2022
- Chemotherapy into the bladder. Cancer Research UK. www.cancerresearchuk.org, last reviewed 14 October 2022
- Venous thromboembolism in over 16s: Reducing the risk of hospital-acquired deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). www.nice.org.uk, last updated 13 August 2019
- Lucas A, Ward CW. Manual and continuous bladder irrigation. Best practices. Nursing 2022; 52(7):31–6. doi: 10.1097/01.NURSE.0000832324.25954.7b
- Bladder cancer surgery. American Cancer Society. www.cancer.org, last revised 30 January 2019