- Bladder cancer: diagnosis and management. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). www.nice.org.uk, 2015
- Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumors Overview of TURBT. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated December 2015
- Transurethral resection of a bladder tumour. British Association of Urological Surgeons. www.baus.org.uk, published July 2017
- Bladder cancer. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last reviewed December 2017
- Pre-operative Assessment - Examination and Tests. PatientPlus. patient.info, last checked February 2016
- Bladder cancer. PatientPlus. patient.info last checked July 2015
- Cystoscopy. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated January 2016
- Catheterising bladders. PatientPlus. patient.info, last checked April 2016
- After surgery. Macmillan Cancer Support. www.macmillan.org.uk, reviewed February 2016
- Urinary tract infection (lower) women. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised July 2015
- Map of Medicine. Bladder cancer. International View. London: Map of Medicine; 2016 (Issue 3).
- Golan, S., Baniel, J., Lask, D, et al. (2011) Transurethral resection of bladder tumour complicated by perforation requiring open surgical repair – clinical characteristics and oncological outcomes. BJU International, 107: 1065–1068. doi:10.1111/j.1464-410X.2010.09696.x
Reviewed by Laura Blanks, Specialist Health Editor, Bupa Health Content Team, March 2018
Expert reviewer Professor Raj Persad, Consultant Urological Surgeon
Next review due March 2021
Has our health information helped you?
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short survey will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.