The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists have information on chickenpox and pregnancy. Visit www.rcog.org.uk for more information.
- Chickenpox. Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised October 2016
- Chickenpox. The MSD Manuals. www.msdmanuals.com, last full review/revision February 2018
- Chickenpox. PatientPlus. www.patient.info, last checked November 2016
- Varicella-Zoster virus (VXV). Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated February 2018
- Shingles. Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised December 2016
- Chlorphenamine maleate. NICE British National Formulary. bnf.nice.org.uk, last updated April 2018
- Aciclovir. NICE British National Formulary. bnf.nice.org.uk, last updated April 2018
- Immune system anatomy. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated November 2013
- Chickenpox treatment and management. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated April 2017
- Passenger health FAQs. Civil Aviation Authority. www.caa.co.uk, accessed May 2018
- Pregnancy. Oxford Handbook of General Practice (online). Oxford Medicine Online. oxfordmedicine.com, published online April 2014
- Chicken pox in pregnancy. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. January 2015. www.rcog.org.uk
- Immunity and how vaccines work. The Green Book. Public Health England. 2013. www.gov.co.uk, accessed May 2018
- Varicella vaccine. The MSD Manuals. www.msdmanuals.com, last full review/revision November 2014
- Varicella. The Green Book. Public Health England. 2015. www.gov.co.uk, last updated August 2018
Reviewed by Laura Blanks, Specialist Health Editor, Bupa Health Content Team, June 2018.
Expert reviewer Dr Adrian Raby, General Practitioner.
Next review due June 2021
Has our health information helped you?
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short survey will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.