- Postnatal depression. BMJ Best practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated 5 February 2016
- Postnatal depression. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked 23 February 2015
- Depression – antenatal and postnatal. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised September 2015
- Depression. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised October 2015
- Antenatal and postnatal mental health: clinical management and service guidance. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), 2014. www.nice.org.uk
- Management of perinatal mood disorders. Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN), 2012. www.sign.ac.uk
- Mood disorders during pregnancy and after the birth of your baby. Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network, 2012. www.sign.ac.uk
- Reproductive psychiatry, sexual dysfunction, and sexuality. Oxford handbook of psychiatry (online). Oxford Medicine Online. www.oxfordmedicine.com, published March 2013
- Map of Medicine. Perinatal mental health. International View. London: Map of Medicine; 2016 (Issue 1)
- Postnatal depression. Royal College of Psychiatrists. www.rcpsych.ac.uk, updated April 2014
- Postnatal depression and perinatal mental health. MIND. www.mind.org.uk, published July 2016
Reviewed by Dr Kristina Routh, Freelance Health Editor, Bupa Health Content Team, October 2016
Expert reviewer, Dr Gabrielle Pendlebury, Consultant Psychiatrist
Next review due October 2019
Has our health information helped you?
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short survey will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.