- Legionella infection. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last reviewed July 2019
- Guidance on investigating cases, clusters and outbreaks of legionnaires’ disease for Public Health England Health Protection Teams. Public Health England. gov.uk, published January 2019
- Legionnaires' disease. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked 1 February 2017
- Legionnaires disease. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated 24 August 2018
- Legionella and the prevention of legionellosis. World Health Organization. www.who.int, published 2007
- Sepsis. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked 15 April 2016
- Legionella (Legionnaires' disease and Pontiac fever). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. www.cdc.gov, last reviewed 30 April 2018
- Legionnaires’ disease. The control of Legionella bacteria in water systems. Health and Safety Executive. www.hse.gov.uk, published 2013
- The control of Legionella and other infectious agents in spa-pool systems. Health and Safety Executive. www.hse.gov.uk, published 2017
Reviewed by Rachael Mayfield-Blake, Freelance Health Editor, July 2019
Expert reviewer, Professor Robert Read, Professor of Infectious Diseases
Next review due July 2022
Did our information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.