- Legionella infection. BMJ Best practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated 4 April 2016
- Legionnaires’ disease. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated 30 March 2016
- Legionella and Legionnaires’ disease. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked 11 February 2014
- Sepsis (septicaemia). PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked 15 April 2016
- Map of Medicine. Community-acquired pneumonia. International View. London: Map of Medicine; 2016 (Issue 2)
- Legionnaires’ disease in England and Wales – 2015. Public Health England. www.gov.uk, published October 2016
- Pontiac fever. Public Health England. www.gov.uk, published 22 November 2007
- Legionella (Legionnaires’ disease and Pontiac fever). CDC, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. www.cdc.gov, accessed 26 January 2017
- Legionella and Legionnaires’ disease. Health and Safety Executive. www.hse.gov.uk, accessed 26 January 2017
- Control of legionella and other infectious agents in spa-pool systems. Health and Safety Executive, 2017. www.hse.gov.uk
Reviewed by Dr Kristina Routh, Freelance Health Editor, January 2017
Expert reviewer, Professor Robert Read, Professor of Infectious Diseases
Next review due January 2020
Has our health information helped you?
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short survey will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.