- Five ways to wellbeing: the evidence. New Economics Foundation. neweconomics.org, published October 2008
- Jenkins R, Meltzer H, Jones PB, et al. Mental health: future challenges. The Government Office for Science, London, published 2008
- Stress: management standards. Health and Safety Executive. www.hse.gov.uk, reviewed March 2017
- Kodz J, Davis S, Lain D, et al. Working long hours: a review of the evidence. Employment Relations Research Series 2003; volume 1. doi: 10.13140/2.1.4808.3527
- Kivimaki M, Jokela M, Nyberg ST, et al. Long working hours and risk of coronary heart disease and stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysis of published and unpublished data for 603 838 individuals. The Lancet 2015; 386(10005):1739–46
- Equality Act 2010. GOV.UK. www.legislation.gov.uk, published 2010, accessed May 2020
Reviewed by Clare Foster, Freelance Health Editor, and Alice Windsor, Specialist Health Editor, Bupa Health Content Team, September 2020
Expert reviewer, Bianca Clarke, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist at Bupa
Next review due September 2023
Did our information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.