- Discogenic low back pain. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated January 2018
- Low back pain and sciatica in over 16s: assessment and management. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), 30 November 2016. www.nice.org.uk
- Epidural steroid injections. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated 8 May 2017
- Information sheet for adult patients undergoing: Epidural steroid injection for the treatment of pain. Royal College of Anaesthetists, February 2017. www.rcoa.ac.uk
- Sciatica (lumbar radiculopathy). NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, reviewed February 2017
- Recommendations for good practice in the use of epidural injection for the management of pain of spinal origin in adults. Royal College of Anaesthetists, April 2011. www.rcoa.ac.uk
- Pain and pain relief. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked 16 January 2015
- Personal communication, Dr Norman Kufakwaro, Consultant in Pain Medicine and Neuromodulation, Bupa Cromwell Hospital, 9 August 2018
Reviewed by Pippa Coulter, Freelance Health Editor, August 2018
Expert reviewer, Dr Norman Kufakwaro, Consultant in Pain Medicine and Neuromodulation, Bupa Cromwell Hospital
Next review due August 2021
Did our information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.